• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Narrowing glass options down...

calawey

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2010
The Heartland
Been shooting handguns and tactical rifles for years now and am moving into LRS as well.

Recently purchase a Remington 700P 308. For now, wanting to shoot 100-500yds at the range...fortunate that Brownell's range is down the road and goes out to 500.

My budget is $500. Would prefer Mil-dot reticle and a side parallax.

I've tried researching as much as possible here on the SH forum and would now like further help with possible glass solutions for my situation.

I've also been to my local Sportsman's Warehouse and looked at several Nikon options including the M308 w/ BDC and most recently on DVOR.com as they have a selection of rifle scopes on there today.

Would appreciate any suggestions even if reasonably out of my budget. Thank you!

Take a look at some of the SWFA scopes, I think that's the price range your asking for. They have a mil scope in 3-15x42, check that one out

Check out SWFA's Sample List and grab one of their 3-9's. It has neither side parallax nor illumination, but it's a solid optic, FFP, mil/mil, and should be right around your $500 budget (w/o rings or a base).

Last edited:
Been shooting handguns and tactical rifles for years now and am moving into LRS as well.

Recently purchase a Remington 700P 308. For now, wanting to shoot 100-500yds at the range...fortunate that Brownell's range is down the road and goes out to 500.

My budget is $500. Would prefer Mil-dot reticle and a side parallax.

I've tried researching as much as possible here on the SH forum and would now like further help with possible glass solutions for my situation.

I've also been to my local Sportsman's Warehouse and looked at several Nikon options including the M308 w/ BDC and most recently on DVOR.com as they have a selection of rifle scopes on there today.

Would appreciate any suggestions even if reasonably out of my budget. Thank you!

This suggestion is a couple hundred more than your budget but it would be well worth it to splurge given all the features this has and the good reviews it's received. SFWA 3-15x42

SWFA SS 3-15x42 Tactical Rifle Scope