• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nashville - Recommendations

Lazlo

Janitor
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    Upstate SC
    After much deliberation, Mrs. Lazlo and I are going to celebrate our 15th anniversary in Nashville in Jun of this year. We initially considered New Orleans, which I know well, but the politics and general ambiance turned us off.

Our plan is to stay somewhere downtown, and then play it by ear for 3-4 nights. Willing to do the tourist thing, but that wears thin for us after about one night.

Looking for restaurants, music venues, hangouts of substance - and would like to avoid the tourist traps as far as possible. Again, I like a bachelorette party full of girls with pink cowboy hats as much as the next man, but that's not sustainable.

Don't mind paying for good food, and like bands such as Tyler Childers, The Dead South, The Steeldrivers, etc.

If you have the knowledge, please help steer a couple of 40ish parents away from the white sunglass wearing flat-brims and onto the main nerve.

Reactions: 338dude
    Prepare yourself for frustrating driving & parking in Nashville. Situational awareness is a must that being said I always recommend the long Segway tour. Broadway across from Bridgestone recently completed shops/foodcourt area very nice. Johnny Cash museum, Seigenthaler bridge over the Cumberland River day/night cool. Hermitage Hotel is our one of our favorite places they are okay with our big dog. Restaurant Greko, also Turnip Truck on East Nasty side of town good for lunch stuff. Don't laugh at this one but the Re-Use store on Harding Pike is like a handyman's wet dream come true.

The Station Inn. Bluegrass, far enough off Broadway that no girlstrippers make it there. Biscuit Love while you’re in the Gulch.

Pancake Pantry, out past Vandy…not in town.

Join the hoard for a stroll over the bridge from Broadwayish toward the stadium. It’s pretty.

Also, all that stuff in Bowling Green.