• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

National Arms Nato 60 30-06 questions

Tony_D_50652

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2014
Lincoln, IA
not sure if this belongs better here or in the bolt action section but here it goes:
i recently acquired a National Arms Nato 60 30-06 that as far as my research has drawn is a sporting rifle built using a military surplus large ring Mauser receiver and a aftermarket barrel, the things that support the military surplus parts is the stripper clip groove in the top and the thumb notch in the left hand side of the receiver.
anyway back to the questions I have,
1: does anyone know of a appropriate replacement stock (NOS, aftermarket, or even a laminated thumbhole style would be ok) being as mine has a dangerous crack that starts behind the receiver and continues all the way threw the receiver cavity.
2: where is the best place to find a new rear elevator (Iron Site) that would fit the dove tail that is milled into the barrel and would be a range sight being as I plan on using this as a 150 to 200yard + iron site rifle.
3: does anyone happen to know more about these rifles being ad there was not jack squat for usable info that i found on the web.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the crack in the stock that concerns me
Markings I found on the receiver and bolt
One on the top of the barrel just forward of the receiver

Top of the reciever showing the stripper clip notch, thumb groove and where the scope mounts were installed which I have along with the hardware to re-install them
Adjustable trigger?

OK going to qualify right off the start, I have only heard about these and that was a while back. but as it has a mauser action I would say any mauser stock would fit it and there a lot of them out there. Might have to open the barrel channel as I'm not sure what the dimensions on yours are. the heaviest stock that you can get would be a laminate one in most cases. On the sight, if you measure the dovetail and look at brownells or call them they should be able to hook you up.
the best rumor on the net that I have found is that national arms was a Belgian company that used that used military and some commercial fn receivers to make up rifles, some had sako triggers and some military. also suggested that it was a name used by marlin for one of the chain stores such as sears. but from the sounds of the posts they sound like guesses. good luck