• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s National Association of Realtors get fucked!

Bigfatcock

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2019
Depends

On my $178k, my realtor buddy made 2%, listing realtor made 4%.
My realtor spent a few days between finding stuff to look at, and doing paperwork. Listing Realtor spent 4 months trying to market it.

However, they were only splitting a touch over $10k.

If I was selling a $5 million house I'd tell them to fuck off with 6% and they get 1% to share.

Depends

On my $178k, my realtor buddy made 2%, listing realtor made 4%.
My realtor spent a few days between finding stuff to look at, and doing paperwork. Listing Realtor spent 4 months trying to market it.

However, they were only splitting a touch over $10k.

If I was selling a $5 million house I'd tell them to fuck off with 6% and they get 1% to share.
The commission rate is not a defined amount. Nor is the split. In Az. it is typically 5% for the average home. You are welcome to specify any amount you like. And the listing agent is is welcome to decline the contract. And any buyers agent is free to not show your home. And the owner is free to do a FSBO.

I am not implying that your agent did not do any work, as the listing agent does. But the buyers agent does as well, and often quite a bit more. And the listing agent is rarely the one that sells the home unless a buyer contacts them without an agent. AZ allows dual agency. When you are dealing with homes in the millions, they are often not marketed on the MLS, nor by Realtors.

Many of the intricacies vary from state to state.

This thread leaves me disappointed. (Realtors, F**kkd? where's my lotion)

Also most previous buying realtor was flat fee.

My selling realtor earned every damn cent of her commission at 6% on a 500k house, but that is actually pretty rare. That gal is gonna be running a company some day though.

Zillow and those brokers are buying shit up and driving people like my son outta real estate. Cheapest houses out here in the boondocks are lucky to be 150k and they go like hotcakes. He can't even sniff a home loan at his beginning wage, and interest rates and price inflation.