• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing National Geographic goes "yellow journalism" again

"Bullet riddled carrion"? Is journalist suggesting that hunters shoot the deer multiple times, then just leave the carcasses of the deer they shoot?

Two interesting vids on lead vs non-lead hunting bullets by hunters. I decided to switch when hunting but still use regular bullets for target shooting. The amount of lead particles in the pig convinced me, besides I don't want to harm the birds.

Lead Poisoning in Birds

Last edited:
I've never seen extensive fragmentation from any bullets I've used for hunting. I generally use heavier bullets with no exposed lead and controlled expansion, or "ballistic tip" types. Neither has ever resulted in much fragmentation into the meat. I do restrict my shots to those that are through the ribs though. There's little heavy bone structure and I've never had a bullet fail to exit. It also saves on the extensive wound channels and tissue damage you might see with head-on shots. I end up throwing away the ribs because of the damage and the little usable meat.

with the amount of shit i have ate shot with lead should be dead. They need to worry about the elk and deer out there being killed by woofs than some bull shit about birds eating lead and dieing.

Odd, I must of missed their article about windmills killing raptors or the heliostat boilers that have been causing birds to burst into flame mid flight.

Oh yeah I wont see those articles because those deaths dont count seeing as they are caused by green technology.