• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

National Knife Day 8-24-2019

@Switchblade

Perhaps also a good time to suggest folks take a look at supporting knife rights.
They do a lot of good work in trying to roll back the stupid laws regarding carrying one of the most basic tools of humankind.

Still trying to get the guys I buy a lot of knives from to sign up for a commercial support account here, they just have been way too busy (I guess that's a good thing) keeping up with work and such. It seems good help is hard to find.

Reactions: Tucker301 and 1J04
1AE05E73-DF1B-4456-9F8C-276F09AC6072.jpeg

Top to bottom: Hand forged O1 w/ deer antler and Dymondwood handle and Mokume-gane end cap, 1095 stock removal w/G2 handle, 52100 hand forged w/deer horn and brass endcap

Last edited:
9D1A1DF1-B392-4AF0-8E16-FB15633A1FE3.jpeg

This trio are all Warthers from Ohio... all elephant ivory scales. The one with the 'new' look to it is the only Ivory handled 'modern' hunter they ever made. Very special custom.

B53E0FC7-F886-4B7D-B35D-4068B7B58C1C.jpeg

This trio are all Beauchamps from Northern Quebec. He works in native materials as well as interesting wood and does his own scrimshaw. I've used them all hunting and the one on the left has skinned a lot of deer!

7BDCD030-5719-4E0B-BD0D-F007C5ADC304.jpeg

These are all Grohman's from Pictou, Nova Scotia. Very old knifemakers. The one on the far left is the only one they ever made in water buffalo horn. It cracked and failed and I got the prototype. The stag handled one has also cleaned out a lot of deer!
64509535-0B89-49CB-85C3-1AD82E6D6D63.jpeg

Two bushcraft knives by a guy I think is the best there is for really rugged bushcrafting knives -- Ryan Corbin of Corbin Forge, Elmore, VT. He makes his own blades and sheaths... a great craftsman who works part-time and has a long waiting list.
137C401D-B770-403E-8386-6D7393D8887A.jpeg

The top one is from Purdey's in London and is really quite apallingly bad. Sad from a company which makes such pukka shotguns. It was a Christmas gift and my buddy Jim has the matching knife in giraffe bone. This is buffalo horn. The bottom one is a rather rare style of Randall.

E8707A11-3081-43D7-9B77-CA7459F35734.jpeg

These are the knives that are not collectible but are my priceless knives. The Buck I bought with my own money when I was about 14 and I wore it every day, including through college and for quite a while under suit! The Green River knife I made when I was 15, including the sheath. I wanted to someday skin a bison with it. And in 2017, did just that! And the Marbles skinner was an antique when it was presented to me after I got my first deer. A huge 78 pound doe... hey, it looked huge at the time. Got blood rubbed all over my face and given that knife, which all the old-timers carried. I'd still carry it, but am afraid of losing it... and the sheath is kaput.

D10EA584-764B-48C9-BD18-81494B3E4D00.jpeg

The Marbles axe I restored as a kid. ALl the old-timers had them. This was a rusty mess and was a project that i did in the farm shop. Handle is hickory.

AFEC3CBB-9C45-4BAE-80A7-49A5049143BE.jpeg

And these are some of Andy's finest Half-Faced blades... my latest obsession because they are pure combat art. See the HFB thread in the sidearms section. Dagger, Pneumo--spike, dive knife and a small skinner. Andy's workmanship and sense of style are just in line with what I think a good EDC knife should be!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Last edited:
Some very impressive collections so far. I only have a couple worth posting. A CRKT Shinbu and a Falkniven Volcano.

20190824_170142.jpg

Reactions: fx77 and 1J04
3E72DEFD-C475-46E4-84BE-AA5A53C4853C.jpeg

I forgot the ones in my office... My Al Mar SERE... carried for 15 years.. my very old Gerber from back when they were cool. My Randall. Sorry the "club" inscription blacked out. We all bought them together on a visit to Randall, Orlando. I never carried mine And a souvenir from some place hot.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Ive got a couple others but these are a nice pair. The switchblade is one of the nice one, well made and sharp as a razor, not like the cheap crap we used to bring back from Mexico.

Knife 1.jpg
K2.jpg