• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Natural Point of Aim: How close is close enough?

_Raining

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
My understanding of natural point of aim is so that your muscles are not tense before pulling the trigger and at the moment of firing your muscles will relax and cause problems with accuracy. As well as using muscle tension to get on target will cause the reticle to move more than if you were relaxed.

I apologize if my understanding is incorrect.

The question is, how close should I get to the target before I stop trying to adjust my hips (prone), or seat/bipod position (sitting at bench)? Is it 1 MIL, 2 MIL? Or is it 0 MIL and you never micro-adjust your butt stock to get perfectly on target?

What are some tactics for getting height correct? Sometimes I find it difficult to get the butt stock to the proper height to get to the point where squeezing it provides the adjustment I need. I find myself putting my hand under the rear bag to give me that extra height, is this wrong? Should I get different height rear bags, or some flat bags to put underneath the main bag? (I have a wiebad mini tac pad and a gamechanger)

your crosshairs should be right where you want your bullet to hit.

essentially, get into position and shoulder youre rifle with your eyes closed......and get settled and relax......then open your eyes.

if you are not on target, you need to adjust your position slightly and do the whole process over again.

as for height, i would get a squeeze bag.......its essentially a sock filled with beads that your stock sits on......you squeeze it if you need to aim down, and settle it if you need to aim up.