• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wish I came across this. I can confirm that he’s a scammer as well.

Goes by sundown317 on the snipe. How to report him?
Always report the scammer using the report button that is on the bottom left of every post. Make sure you provide details to the admins/mods so that they aren’t left guessing exactly what/why. Do that BEFORE making a thread! Thank you.

1703342722987.png

Thats very good info and much appreciate the insight.

Unfortunately I can’t see the report button, perhaps has something to do with membership.

Also wondering if the account was hacked, it doesn’t make sense based on his good tenure with the Hide.

Attachments

• IMG_3021.png
    IMG_3021.png
    291.1 KB · Views: 25
What’s the context to this claim? Seems to be a lot of these lately with individuals that have good trader ratings and a supporter/full membership status

I’ve dealt with sundown317 on 68fourms, I’d say you are looking at a hacked account for him.

Reactions: MaxVY
Well, I went looking into it and someone cloned him.

The Alias has a dot at the end.

Attachments

• IMG_3022.png
    IMG_3022.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3023.png
    IMG_3023.png
    816.6 KB · Views: 37
@MaxVY , I never got a PM from you, and yes someone cloned and added a period At the end of my name. I updated the add so before you post I’ll take it, PM me first

MODS can it be done where user name can’t have a period in it, seems that’s the scam, Add a period, change a lower case L to an Upper case (i)

These scammers are putting a DOT at the end of the members name that is selling stuff, as soon as someone says I'll take it in the PX post. He DM's the potential buyer with a fraudulent PayPal name. That is how this Navarrogeorge154 tried to scam me and a guy I bought some Berger's from.
I suggest if a person wants to buy something use a DM to the seller and stop saying I'll take in the post.

Reactions: Islander
Lesson learned. Thanks everyone for providing some light on this issue. Will keep all your feedback in mind for future interaction.

Appreciate it, happy holidays!

Reactions: lash
Thats very good info and much appreciate the insight.

Unfortunately I can’t see the report button, perhaps has something to do with membership.

Also wondering if the account was hacked, it doesn’t make sense based on his good tenure with the Hide.

It’s shouldn’t have anything to do with membership level.

Also, a couple things to review anytime there’s a scam or even potential transaction:

Did this person contact you first?

Does the member name match exactly?

Two of the most prevalent scams here currently involve one of the above.

Claim the item in the thread and immediately PM the seller. This is standard protocol when using the for sale section in forums. Doing what a buyer is supposed to be doing anyhow would nullify this scam attempt.

It was a claim second. I then was immediately contacted by the scammer saying he had a another upper available. It was really fast and didn’t think much about it for a $50 transaction.

The saga went on from there with him being winy about bills and Christmas expenses. Asking if I wanted to buy ammo from him.

That’s when it became suspicious.