• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Navy 7.62 Build

Orlando

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2011
Ohio
Just assembled a Garand that I used a Navy 7.62 Barreled Receiver that CMP is selling.
I was alittle leary of these from CMP's Grade description but bore is perfect, Muzzle Wear 1, no pitting anywhere
Nothing special, just hoping for a good shooter. Hopefully get to try her out tomorrow, still have some bugs to work out of the trigger pull
Picture706.jpg

Picture705.jpg

Picture720.jpg

Picture722.jpg

Picture637.jpg

Picture638.jpg

Picture724.jpg

Re: Navy 7.62 Build

I know there's not pitting on the outside, but have you checked the bore? I was really tempted when I was at the North Store, but I walked away. Maybe someday I'll get a Special in 308 instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know there's not pitting on the outside, but have you checked the bore? I was really tempted when I was at the North Store, but I walked away. Maybe someday I'll get a Special in 308 instead. </div></div>

Bore is shiney,bright, no pitting, no frosting, its perfect. Muzzle Wear of 1
This was handpicked so mailorder may vary

It was a stripped barreled receiver, a built it with parts I had

Very nice set up I just got done getting mine ordered from cmp. Guess I didn't realize they had just a barreled receiver. Hope to get good

Nice rifle. It looks similar to an old SKS I had.