• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NC 300 Yard XTC State Championship

Mudcat-NC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2009
Western NC
Ok, this isnt exactly a "tactical" match but a lot of the guys on here do shoot sling/irons (you can also use a scope in this match but wont be eligible for a class win except optics class and only if we have 3 or more competitors), so here is the skinny on the match.

Well, hard to believe its that time of the year again, but we are preparing to end the NC XTC season in style again this year. We are holding our annual 300 yard reduced course state championship on October 2 and 3, 2010 at the Catawba Valley Rifle and Pistol Club 300 yard range that has pits located in Conover NC (just off of I40, just east of Hickory). This is a registered and official NC State Championship, cosponsored by Catawba Valley, Lake Norman High Power Club and NCRPA.

This year, its a two day aggregate. On Saturday we will shoot an 800agg and then a 500agg on Sunday. The combined 1300agg will determine the champions crowned on Sunday. You do NOT have to be an NC resident to win any class except the overall resident winner. All other classes are open to everyone and anyone, regardless of residency. Which is good, as we had shooters from several different states in attendance last year.

Following Saturdays 800 agg, we will again have a big cookout with Chef Steve L. on the grill. Then on Sunday, prior to the 500 agg, we will have a pancake breakfast while we are running the raffle and auctions. We will also have a sponsor at the match selling primers, powder, bullets, etc. The prize/auction table, so far, includes a Giraud case trimmer, WOA match rifle upper, two (2) RRA complete NM A2 lowers, a Turner 1907 leather sling, Berger bullets, Sierra bullets, and more.

Awards - NCPRA is providing the customary overall state resident plaque, which are oak and acrylic, cut out in the shape of NC. All other class awards will be solid walnut NC state shaped, laser engraved plaques. They will be just like the ones we had at the midrange prone championship back in May but these will be larger and made of walunt rather than alder. Classes include, high match rifle, service rifle, junior, senior, master, expert, sharpshooter, marksman and high vintage rifle. I think that all of them.

I cant attach the PDF of the match program as its too large, but the entry card is attached. Fill it out and send it in with your $65 check (if preregistered before the 20th). That covers your range fees, food, drink, raffle ticket, etc. Note that if you do not preregistered, you arent guaranteed a spot on the firing line, which MAY be an issue this year as we are limited to 54 shooters in 3 relays (20 target frames in the pits, and we save 2 frames/targets just in case we have a carrier go down) and last year we almost filled up the range in rainy conditions. So, preregister! Besides, it helps make sure we have the right amount of food for both days!

The Super8 motel in Conover seems to be the place to stay, or it was last year. Here is the info from last year:

Super 8 Claremont

3054 N Oxford St

I-40 Exit 135

Claremont, NC 28610-1089 US

Phone:
828-459-7777

Fax:
828-459-1080

it was $59.99/night plus taxes last year

Hopefully will see a lot of you out there to wrap up the XTC season in style, with one of the biggest shooting/social events of the year in NC. I cant guarantee you that you will shoot well, but I bet you will have fun!

Post here if you have any questions, or feel free to pm or email me

Thanks
John
VP, LNHPC