• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NC Coyote Hunt near Bragg/Fay:

JohnJameson

Mr. Moxy
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2021
Fort Bragg
Good evening, I'm (still) looking to start hunting coyote (day/night).

Does anyone know of any private land or farmers that want coyote removed?

If not, does anyone know where to find private land for lease at a reasonable price?
Thanks!

You're going to lease land to hunt coyotes...

Call your wildlife department and ask them if they can give you info on farmers reporting issues with predation, they may only give you areas, they may give you names, they may take your name and give to farmers or ...

Otherwise go find cattle, sheep, pigs, etc..., ask the farmer.

Does NC have weird coyote hunting laws? Can you hunt them on public land?

If you can hunt them on public land, then head out at about midnight, get to the public land, stop, then let out a lone howl or two, or three, sit and listen, when you get a response, mark it on your GPS.

I usually did something like "2 coyotes NW close."

If it's heavily wooded, drive 1/2 mile to a mile and repeat

If it's open land, drive a couple miles and repeat, you can do this all night long.

When I lived in North Dakota I used to do this a lot, go locate coyotes all night, I had nights where I never had a locating stand go dry, not one the whole night.

Even within a couple miles of the bigger cities (which, in ND, are admittedly not big) coyotes were responding constantly.

Shut your vehicle off and cut the lights when you do it, and because you're doing this, don't park in the middle of the road...

You can do this locating thing with hand calls or electronic, pick your poison, some even do it with electronic and use sirens instead of coyote howls, I never went that route, group howl sequences on the electronic calls can work great as well.

I'm a hand caller, so I normally just did lone howls, but went out with a buddy a couple times and he liked to run an electronic call, so we did.

So, now you have all kinds of coyote spots marked, now you go hunt them whenever you can. By the way, these bastards are still hard to hunt, doesn't matter if you know they're there, so don't expect a "gimme" because you located a bunch.

Reactions: JohnJameson