• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NC mass shooting stopped

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Thank goodness.

North Carolina Mass Shooting Prevented: What to Know

39902de8102fce91bcacca891a389bf1

Police arrested a college student in North Carolina after he admitted to planning a mass shooting at his school, ABC News reports. 19-year-old Paul Steber, a freshman at High Point University in North Carolina, was reported by a fellow student. Authorities allegedly discovered ammunition and two firearm in Steber’s dorm room, and he confessed to his plans to carry out the shooting by Christmas this year. The student planned to rush a fraternity and the attack would be based on whether or not he got in.

Related Content

Here’s everything to know about the case:
    • On Tuesday, 19-year-old Paul Steber was charged with two felony counts of having a gun on campus and an additional count for making threats of mass violence. He’s being held on a $2 million bond.
    • Steber was allegedly keeping a 9 mm semi-automatic pistol and a double-barrel, 12-gauge shotgun in his dorm room at High Point University, which he purchased last weekend.
    • It’s unknown if the weapons were purchased legally, but North Carolina law prohibits anyone from carrying firearms on educational sites, including concealed handgun permit holders.
    • Steber is a Boston native who told authorities he came to North Carolina because it was easier to obtain guns. He had also studied previous mass shootings, including the 2015 Charleston, South Carolina church shooting.
    • Steber’s plan was based on his intention to rush a fraternity. If Steber didn’t get in but his roommate did, he planned to kill himself and his roommate.
    • Authorities say Steber has no previous criminal record.
    • High Point University officials used this situation to highlight the importance of reporting suspicious behavior.

Related Articles:

The shotgun is short, aow? Stamp?
    The pistoll , thought 21 was of age?

Broke som laws before the dorm.

Had my glasses off thought it was a sxs

NFA doesn't apply because it's a muzzle loading pistol.

Pistol is legal at 18.

@MtnCreek
    Thanks found glasses.
    Had thought pistols went to 21, been a while since then for me. Lol

Guess I was thinking ltc.

If he admits where he got the guns from, it may or may not have been illegal due to his age

lets see if this posts in the correct format

Minimum Age for Gun Possession: Subject to limited exceptions*, federal law prohibits the possession of a handgun or handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18. Federal law provides no minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition.

*Exceptions: Federal law provides exceptions for the temporary transfer and possession of handguns and handgun ammunition for specified activities, including employment, ranching, farming, target practice and hunting.

MINIMUM AGE FOR GUN SALES AND TRANSFERS

Under federal law –Handguns Long Guns (Rifles and Shotguns)
    Licensed firearms dealersDealers may not sell or deliver a handgun or ammunition for a handgun to any person the dealer has reasonable cause to believe is under age 21.Dealers may not sell or deliver a long gun, or ammunition for a long gun, to any person the dealer knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under age 18.
    Unlicensed personsUnlicensed persons may not sell, deliver or otherwise transfer a handgun or handgun ammunition to any person the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under age 18, with certain exceptions*.Unlicensed persons may sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer a long gun or long gun ammunition to a person of any age.

Reactions: Snuby642
    A coddled Baby Huey type...Madame Palm probably pissed him off....Dad is probably a cuck of the first order

Toss him in the hole...

Reactions: TACC
    As Dean Wormer once said "Fat, Drunk (Dumb), and Stupid is no way to go through life, son"

Yea I read the news release and did not look carefully at it.

Come on he would have stopped the moment he found out Campus Carry was illegal.

Isn’t the “shotgun” a flint lock?!?

I live 15 min from HP university. Crazy stuff

It's a replica of a 19th century big game pistol called a Howdah. They are normally percussion ignition, with a 12 gauge smoothbore barrel and a .50 caliber rifled barrel, or dual 12-gauge/dual .50 cal. Both the originals and the reproductions are extremely high end weapons that cost up to $2000...

ETA: The specimen featured in this article is a caplock. Look closely at the lock mechanism. Spur hammer, no pan, no frizzen.

It's a replica of a 19th century big game pistol called a Howdah. They are normally percussion ignition, with a 12 gauge smoothbore barrel and a .50 caliber rifled barrel, or dual 12-gauge/dual .50 cal. Both the originals and the reproductions are extremely high end weapons that cost up to $2000...

ETA: The specimen featured in this article is a caplock. Look closely at the lock mechanism. Spur hammer, no pan, no frizzen.
    If it's a replica, I'm wondering by whom. It doesn't look 100% like the Pedersoli one and I don't know of any others.

If it's a replica, I'm wondering by whom. It doesn't look 100% like the Pedersoli one and I don't know of any others.

Pedersoli makes a centerfire Howdah. They are available in 12 gauge and .45 LC/.410... Those have a lock similar to a modern double barrel fowling piece.

The one in the photo may be the percussion pre-1875 version made by EMF Co. in Brescia, Italy and imported by Navy Arms.

EMF Percussion Howdah:

images

That 12 gauge is no replica. It’s an antique.
    The pistol is a Spanish Star I think. Most were chambered for an obscure round similar to 38 Super but not interchangeable. 9mm Largo.
    I thinking he was not doing much damage.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Pedersoli makes a centerfire Howdah. They are available in 12 gauge and .45 LC/.410... Those have a lock similar to a modern double barrel fowling piece.

The one in the photo may be the percussion pre-1875 version made by EMF Co. in Brescia, Italy and imported by Navy Arms.

EMF Percussion Howdah:

images
    Aye, and I've looked at the Pedersoli (same as EMF) percussion one quite often: https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sc...r_35/pistols-howdah-hunter-howdah-hunter.html It's at the top of my list for a black powder pistol along with a Pietta LeMat Cavalry. But the one in the pic seems to have some extra checkering and a raised section on the back of the grip. Pedersoli makes a stock attachment but I don't think that's it. I think I agree with @rth1800 in that it's not a replica, or if it is it's an older one that's a bit different from Pedersoli's current edition.

My friends daughter just started there last week,freshman.

She texted him right when it happened. He almost had a heart attack on the phone.

Hi point college.
    Very good school
    “Proper” environment

This kid was just all screwed up

That 12 gauge is no replica. It’s an antique.
    The pistol is a Spanish Star I think. Most were chambered for an obscure round similar to 38 Super but not interchangeable. 9mm Largo.
    I thinking he was not doing much damage.
    I think it's a Star Modelo B "Super", so 9mm Luger instead of the Largo.

Why are many of these shooting or attempted shootings centered around places of education ?
    My guess is that since he planned on rushing a frat and shooting it up if he got declined, there was probably an "I'm not popular and won't get laid and they're just bullying assholes" component, maybe? Bullying of some kind seems to be a common enough thread among a bunch of them.

$2k is extremely high end ? Maybe I've been overspending .

LOL son I don't think you know what "high end" means if you think 2 grand is it.

How about a basic Kolar starting at $12K or Perazzi Hi-Tech starting at $13K

And @WeiserBucks
    I meant to clarify... For reproduction black powder pistols and rifles, 2K is considered high end, as even the hair trigger competition grade LePage, Mang, and Kuchenreuters go up to about $1500. You are right though, 2K is not really impressive amongst Tier-1 centerfires.

Last edited:
    Reactions: TACC and 308pirate
    No matter what kind of twice barreled pistol or short barreled shotgun it is. He has never shot it cause if he hadda, it woulda been on youtube with it smacking his noggin right square in the forehead. Splitting his shit and him falling on the ground crying like a baby

I meant to clarify... For reproduction black powder pistols and rifles, 2K is considered high end, as even the hair trigger competition grade LePage, Mang, and Kuchenreuters go up to about $1500. You are right though, 2K is not really impressive amongst Tier-1 centerfires.
    $2K is a bit overmuch for a fairly simple piece like a Howdah repro, but originals? I've seen a restored matching pair with original case and accessories listed at $27.5K, and never any single one less than $2K. But overall, for a repro of an antique black powder or even metallic-cartridge Old West gun, yeah, $2-3K is higher-end. I was lucky to get my Pedersoli rifles for much less than the listed prices from most sellers; both are around $1.5K each normally.

No matter what kind of twice barreled pistol or short barreled shotgun it is. He has never shot it cause if he hadda, it woulda been on youtube with it smacking his noggin right square in the forehead. Splitting his shit and him falling on the ground crying like a baby

The article in the OP stated that he had "ammunition" too. I'll bet anybody 10 to 1 that whatever ammunition that he had are not the right types for either of these two guns. Even if the pistol is indeed a 9mm Luger as opposed to some long obsolete oddball caliber, the motherfucker probably bought a box of standard 12-gauge shells thinking they would work in a percussion pistol. Now, if the little shit is a bit smarter than he actually looks, he might try to break down the factory shotshells and load the separate components down the barrel. Only problem now is, he'd have no way to properly prime the thing. And if by a miracle of Darwin he knew about percussion caps and tried to shoot the thing in this manner, the gun will kaboom, blast his hand to smithereens and send metal fragments right through his face as soon as he pulls the trigger.

In either case, that muzzleloader will be of completely no use to him at all, although I am sure the frat members who he attempted to rush will enjoy ramming that thing right up his ass after it fails to fire.

The article in the OP stated that he had "ammunition" too. I'll bet anybody 10 to 1 that whatever ammunition that he had are not the right types for either of these two guns. Even if the pistol is indeed a 9mm Luger as opposed to some long obsolete oddball caliber, the motherfucker probably bought a box of standard 12-gauge shells thinking they would work in a percussion pistol. Now, if the little shit is a bit smarter than he actually looks, he might try to break down the factory shotshells and load the separate components down the barrel. Only problem now is, he'd have no way to properly prime the thing. And if by a miracle of Darwin he knew about percussion caps and tried to shoot the thing in this manner, the gun will kaboom, blast his hand to smithereens and send metal fragments right through his face as soon as he pulls the trigger.

In either case, that muzzleloader will be of completely no use to him at all, although I am sure the frat members who he attempted to rush will enjoy ramming that thing right up his ass after it fails to fire.
    +1 on this. Even if he knew how to load and operate a percussion firearm like that, if it's a genuine antique? He'd do more damage to himself than anyone else, I reckon. There's a video on youtube of some bright spark with his repro howdah pistol and it's more distressing than the one I've seen where another bright spark's AR kept misfiring until it eventually went "boom" instead of "bang".

I would have at least given partial credit if he had 2 flintlock pistols to truly embrace his inner CoD camper faggotness.

Instead, he just looks retarded. And inbred.

• Haha
    Reactions: TACC and Maggot
    I would have at least given partial credit if he had 2 flintlock pistols to truly embrace his inner CoD camper faggotness.

Instead, he just looks retarded. And inbred.

He looks virtually identical to a kid in my elementary school, who when we were all in fifth grade, vomited all over a girl sitting directly in front of him in the auditorium when we all stood up for Friday morning assembly.

Yep, he was also incredibly awkward and started exhibiting a bit of a creepy aura in 6th grade. When Columbine fuckin' happened, the running joke all over the school was that this kid will be mostly likely to pull off the next one...