• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

NC places to shoot LR?

joelsa58

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
ft. bragg, nc
Anyone in North Carolina know of somewhere to shoot beyond 100yds?

Say 500-800

I am not talking about joining a club that has rules on when you can go use the range, when you can pull the trigger, what position you have to being to do so (i.e. can't be in the prone).

Just some land that I can legaly and safely go shoot some DOPE?

Re: NC places to shoot LR?

Spartan,

Camp Butner near Durham NC, has a 1k range, as does Blackwater (Xe) Training near Lejune. But those do require a membership of sorts to go shoot there.

There are many shooters here from Bragg, and surrounding areas, and perhaps they may chime in.

We also have tactical shoots here in NC, and matches about every two months or so @ Juniper Swamp. Check out the posts under that name under Tactical Competitions. Next shoot come around and meet the guys, or just join the fun and shoot. No membership required.

It's held on a private farm, with shooting out to 700 yds or so.

Bob

Re: NC places to shoot LR?

contact the north state shooting club or the nc rifle and pistol association

they both hold matches at the butner ng 1000 yard kd range