• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NC Tactical 22lr Match 16 May 09

J.Boyette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2003
    NC
    NC Tactical 22lr Match 16 May 09

Cost $20 per shooter

Number of shooter’s allowed 20

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">You must pre-sign up and mail in your deposit to secure your slot.</span></span> </span> To sign up please send a e-mail to [email protected] There will be no funds taken at the day of the match.

Over all winner gets his / hers match fee's back

Caswell County NC address “692 Prospect Church Rd Mebane, NC 27302” Turn at the gate and drive down the dirt road.

The gate:
    picture.jpg

Time frame:
    Range opens at 10:00am, Head count at 12:00pm and the match goes hot at 12:30pm. Any person that shows up after 1:00pm will not be able to shoot.

COF:
    Stage 1 run and gun = There will be a moving part of this match, a safe brisk walk of 240yds down a road and firing points along the walk.

Stage 2 long range 100yds to 200yds = All target will be at or larger than 2 MOA at distance

Stage 3 precision fire and Mil-Dot ranging bonus. = KYL and NPA drill, then targets down range to be Mil’ed for bonus points +/- 5 yds of target range. “If you do not have a Mil-Dot optic I will have all types for you to use in the ranging portion of the match for free”

All firing points will be under time and accuracy standards.

Stage 1 will be an individual task with a RSO and the shooter, once all shooters go down range and complete the “run and gun” we all move as a group to stage 2 and 3. At stage 2 and 3 we can fire 5 shooters at a time.

Equipment needed.

A 22lr rifle, sling and/or Bi-pod, a rifle sighting system, note pad, clip board, pin and good clothing for all types of weather. Also bring what ever you want as long as it is not bench rest type equipment. There are no benches on my range. Not even a table
    smile.gif

IF you have never shot a match this is a great way to start. Please come on out guys we will all have a blast!!!!!

IF we have daylight after the match I will open up the range for light marksmanship training on positional slung shooting. If you have never been shown how to shoot with a sling. This can be centerfire or rimfire training.

See you at the match

John

Re: NC Tactical 22lr Match 16 May 09

I just ordered my optic and ammunition for my CZ 452. I am going out this weekend to get the COF nailed down.

This looks like alot of fun.

John

I've got the Sako Quad just sitting hear screaming for a chance to do something like this and you go and pick a weekend when I'll be down in Hot Springs. Fuck shit...

Working on my schedule - I hope to make it (potentially with a couple more from the Raleigh area). If so, I'll be using a Sako Quad myself, so for Ratbert, hopefully the model will be represented.

I think that there is a lot of future in such events, we just need to get them going and hopefully they'll take off. RF work is great for improving technique, reinforcing the fundamentals, and saving on ammo costs. It also is generally more flexible in not needing huge firing ranges and whatnot.

Not to mention it's FUN.

Sir,

that sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know what you can do. To be honest the only way I know this i worth my time is if people show up.

And right now I have only two people signed up.

The two people I do have nd who ever else comes, will have a great time.

So let me know

John

Went out today and shot the COF.

This is going to be fun, fun fun!!!!!!!!!

If you want to come contact me guys, we only have two weeks to go.

John

Rats - foiled again.

I was looking forward to this, but the house painting schedule changed and now it just won't work.

Hopefully it all goes well and everyone enjoys it. As noted previously, I think these rimfire events are a great idea....seems like they need help to catch on, though.

This is a go, I have slots open.

Come on out with no less than 50 rounds.

Please send me a PM or e-mail so I have a count of people showing up if you have not signed up already.

John