• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Training Courses NCPPRC 2019 Intro to Long Range Shooting Clinic

todd

Staff Sargeant of Shennanigans
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 21, 2013
    NorCal
    Ever wanted to try long range shooting and don’t know where to start?!

Nor Cal Practical Precision Rifle Club presents an introduction day to our practical/tactical long range shooting sport!
    Hosted at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center’s 1000 yard range.

This event is limited to 50 shooters!

COST: $120
    April 6th, Saturday 2019 @ 7:00am – 7:30am Check In. Don’t be late!
    Clinic goes from 7:30am to 5pm.
    Cost: $120 per participant (No refunds for cancellations)
    Your fee includes range dues, Storm Tactical data book, drinks, and lunch at the end of the day.

Registration opens up on January 27th @ 7pm via Practiscore

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Topics covered during the clinic:
    I. Introduction to our shooting discipline here at Sac Valley Shooting Center.
    II. Prone and positional shooting tips and techniques.
    III. How to run your rifle and optics
    IV. Data Development – Gathering data for your rifle and load out to 1K.
    V. Trigger Time – every 2 participants will have a spotter/coach on the line to help you get data out to 1000 yards or as far as your equipment will allow you to safely shoot.
    VI. If time permits we will cover rifles, caliber choice, and equipment.

Required Equipment:• Scoped rifle chambered in .22cal up to .338 cal with 80 rounds of ammo.
    • Empty Chamber Indicator Flag. (You can pick one up during registration for $1.00)
    • Rifle Sling and some sort of pack to carry all your kit in. All rifles will be carried UN-CASED.
    • Bi-pod. Rear rest or sand sock will be handy.
    • Please have your rifle zeroed at 100 yards. All of our drop data starts at 100yards.
    • Note taking gear. Tools to run your rifle and optic.
    • Eye and ear protection are mandatory. Dress for the weather, we will shoot rain or shine. Sun block.
    • We will have water on the firing line and in the pits.
    • We walk the entire range so please have your gear mobile and be ready to move.

This clinic will fill up VERY quickly. Our last clinic filled up in less than ten minutes.

(You must be 18 years of age or older and can legally own a firearm to participate in this event.)

Would I be able to register for 2 people at the time? I am going to try and make it out to this with a friend

The registration form only allows one person at a time to sign up. I would recommend having a friend help you register both separately at the same time, as there will most likely not be enough time to fill out two separate forms before the clinic fills up.

Thanks! One more question, can you request to be paired up with someone?

If you are asking to be paired up with a specific coach, I don't believe that the registration form is set up to request a specific coach. All of our coaches are experienced competitive long range shooters however.

If you are asking to be squadded next to a shooting buddy, you will receive an email confirmation once registration is closed. You can reply back to that email with your specific situation and we will do our best to accommodate what we can.

Thanks for posting this, I signed up and we'll see if I made the cut

Signed up and waiting for the approval email! Got my neighbor to sign up too

Just in case it catches anyone else out too, after registering, you do need to scroll down on that page and put yourself in a squad

I’ll made the cut. Got squad 1. I’ll have new 6.5 prc and my 6.5 creed ar -10 as a back up