• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing ND prarie doggin' 09 *GUTS*

slayer_21420

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Stanchfield, MN
I went out over Memorial weekend to slaughter some dogs, it was kind of slow out there, very few babies out, I hunted for two days, and probably only killed 50-60 dogs, it was still a lot of fun though, I forgot my camera so I didn't get shit for pics of my dogs, but my buddy took this one for me

gunsP-doggin09002.jpg

thats what an 87gr V-max @ 3150fps out of a 243 will do to a big dog at 620yds
cool.gif

took two rounds to connect on this one, I had a bud spotting for me, he did a nice little reverse backflip for us
smile.gif
I killed a few dogs farther out, but they weren't confirmed,

i'd say 90% of the dogs we shot were adults, which is kinda cool, just too bad it had to be so slow, I had a great time none the less...

I was up by Alexander, do any of you go out that way? I think it'd be awsome if it was a little later on, I know of 13 dog towns out there now, both public and private land, and it doesn't seem like most of them get hit very hard

Steve

Re: ND prarie doggin' 09 *GUTS*

Slayer I hunt in the Arnegard area which is just down the road from Alexander. Lots of dog-towns that probably only get hunted a handful of times a year. Let me know next time you head that way we have a ranch/farm there and I try to get back every year for pheasant/antelope/deer in the fall.

Yep, thats a heavy varmint
cool.gif

I'll definitely let you know, it'll probably be over memorial next year, but it could be sooner, my sisters boyfreind just moved out to Hazen so I might go out there with him sometime

Steve

Oh, I should add the scope I was useing on the 243 is my new Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 mill-dot , it performed absolutely awsome, crystal clear, tracked perfect, and the ability to see what power the scope is set on while sitting behind the rifle is a real+

I'm in no way affiliated with Vortex optics, i'm just very impressed, for the money you can't come close, IMHO

Steve