• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Near Alphamount or Seekins Rings

Dark Horse

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Albany, NY
Wanted to get a couple of opinions before I make a purchase. I bought a 5 lug 25moa base from Richard Near for my TRG-42 and he also sent me his Alphmount to check out at no cost(outstanding customer service). Scope of choice is a USO SN3 3.2-17x44 with 35mm tube. I don't have the scope yet and the mount has 34mm rings. I have not been able to reach Mr. Near to find out if he offers the mount in 35mm, so I hope everything is ok. My dilemma and question I hope some of you can help me on is would you go for the mount or a set of Seekins rings? It would seem that the mount would be the most consistent and rock solid but the actual ring set up just doesn't have the mass of the Seekins rings. Could just be a matter of preference but when dealing with the amount of recoil of the Lapua I thought it made sense to at least ask beforehand. Thanks for any help.