• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes near manufacturing rings and mounts

ctmyers67

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2012
gaithersburg, maryland
my new s&b 5-25x56 will be arriving next week, and i wanted a mount for it on a gap 308, looked at the spuhr, interested in peoples opinions, experiences with the near ones, any help is appreciated

Re: near manufacturing rings and mounts

Richard Near's Alpha mounts are works of art. They work perfectly and are easier on the eyes than the Spuhr IMO.

You won't be disappointed with the Near or the Sphur.

I like the Spuhr mounts because they are one-piece and very innovative in some of their features. Unfortunately, they won't accept a T-Pal scope (USO) or I would have one in a heartbeat.

But the Near (and also the Ken Farrell, which I run) bases and rings are first rate.

In some ways, once you reach that level of quality and design, it's more personal preference than performance. They will all out-perform any kind of reasonable (and most unreasonable) use.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have both. I now prefer the Spuhr. It's faster and easier to setup for me. While I agree it looks a little "ARish" I don't mind because of it's features/performance.

Sihirmechanic

Our new 35mm mounts that will get delicered in end of August will accept USO T-pal scopes....

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sihirmechanic

Our new 35mm mounts that will get delicered in end of August will accept USO T-pal scopes....

Håkan
</div></div>

I figured it was just a matter of time... put me down for one when the come available!

Cheers,

Sirhr

just talked to richard yesterday, and ordered an alphamount, looking forward to seeing it in about 3 weeks, anyone have pics of one of their rigs?

Yes!!
[img:left]http://
IMG_0878.jpg
[/img]

IMG_0880.jpg