• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEAR Mfg. TRG base torque setting?

bth87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Pretty simple question just got a NEAR base for my TRG, and was wondering what torque settings people are using for the screws.
Thanks
Ben

Re: NEAR Mfg. TRG base torque setting?

What does the instruction set say? I can go dig mine out, but I think it was around 20 in-lbs.

Josh

didn't come with instructions I did 28 in-ibs with no problems seems to be fine.
thanks
Ben

I seem to remember getting a little orange handled allen key with instructions on how to set torque with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I seem to remember getting a little orange handled allen key with instructions on how to set torque with it. </div></div>

Same with mine. 28 in-lbs sounds correct. You can always give Richard a call in the morning. He should have included the instructions, but he is a busy guy and may have missed it. He will set you straight.

p.s.-I must have tossed my spec sheet. I can no longer find it.

Josh

no worries ill give him a call i just put some blue lockite on em and did em at 28 im sure they are fine his rail seems to be built like the proverbial brick shit house anyways.
ben

Did you get the rail that has the tabs that go inside the lip of the action?

Near torque specs are

Base Screws
6x48 18-20in/lbs
8x40 20-24in/lbs

Ring Crossbolts 65in/lbs

Ring Cap Screws
8x40 15-22in/lbs

These were taken from the card I received when I got my base and rings.

2n9ht9z.jpg

Thanks for the info guys I spoke with Richard this morning and he got me squared away. Im really happy with this rail and Mr. Near has been great to deal with as you all probably know.
Ben