• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Nebraska members

K_4c

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 13, 2008
    Nebraska
    Curious if we have any Nebraska shooters here and if so any tactical matches are held in the area... Weeping water gun club is the only area that I know of... so chime in if there's anymore.

thanks much

Re: Nebraska shooters

There is a 600 yard match shot in Louisville. The match is a F-Class match. They also have a vintage sniper match. A good group of guys. Van Meter Ia has a spring 600 yard F-Class match. Alliance has a F-Class match at 800,900,and 1000 yards.
    Here is a link to the Louisville match.

http://highpowerinnebraska.com/default.aspx

good info dar (thanks much)... you don't happen to know of any pistol or 3 gun functions do ya?

I know they have pistol ranges but don't know about 3 gun. There is contact numbers on the site. I would call them and see. They add a 300 meter range and planning a 1000 yard someday. They might have it.

you wanna shoot there this year Scott?

keep me updated on the dates and I'll be there.

Hey guys, good to find some fellow Nebraskans on here. I'm new to the site and LR shooting. So new that i've yet to put my rifle together but I'm learning alot before I sack a bunch of money into this sport.
    GBR

lots of good sound advice on this site bud. enjoy

ENGC has monthly 3 gun matches, and they have no issue with shooting rifles on the pistol ranges. They have a misworded "no holster rule" that I had to seek clarification on. It basically just means don't walk around with a weapon in a holster outside of the action/pistol pits. Most of the ROs there are fairly relaxed, and won't be dicks as long as you aren't an idiot.

Do any of these places offer any tactical rifle matches, like ones you would use a bolt gun and engage targets at unknown distances from different shooting positions?

What ranges do you shoot with the rifle in these 3 gun matches?

I want to get started in competetive shooting with the tactical style in mind. I already shoot NRA sporting rifle and highpower, but its getting a little boring.

I've only shot pistol for comps back when the bullet hole in Omaha offered such events... As far as finding a tactical match... If you got the land Bri you should host it ( haha... I'll bring plenty of steel up for it). I'll pm you if I find anything here in the future.

I have plenty of land for it, the liability is the issue. One accident could lead to a huge nightmare. If it was just a few of us hide members from Nebraska I would consider it.

Here is a view from my backyard, shots out to a mile.

001-1.jpg

You got some nice sticks brother! Yeah I was j/k about hosting a match.... Liability is a bitch. As for the mile comment... I got a Barrett that needs it's legs stretched! Not sure where Belden is located but you wouldn't happen to have any pronghorn out in your area would ya ( game and parks areas... I'm not asking to step on your land). I wouldn't mind taking summer trip to archery hunt/bang some steel...

Belden is in the northeastern part of Nebraska, about 2 hours north of Omaha. So there are no speed goats in my area, but you are more than welcome to do some shooting at my place anytime.

Hey K_4c

I might have a few other hide members coming on the 21st or the 22nd to shoot, depending on the weather. If your interested come on up.

I'll check and see what's in the works... I'll follow up with a pm and let you know. Thanks bud, I appreciate the offer. If I don't make it up then we'll get something lined up.

If the weather is good and my order of "BB's" comes in, I'll be there. I just saw the forcast for Satuday, high of 52 and Sunday, high of 45. Either way, it should be better than the last time we tried to shoot Bri!

I hear yah, that weather was shit... Then again, I don't think I should be complaining to much about the weather, this winter sure has been good so far.

Hey K_4c

Did you get your hands on that OBR yet, just curious to hear what you thought of it?

Yep. She's a shooter! Very well made. It feels like a "custom" built AR 10. Tolerances are nice and tight. The gas block is pretty badass as well and works flawlessly. I put my money down for a TBAC 30-BA and ordered 2 extra brakes for my LWRC and my budget build remmy.

Gonna be a long wait....

I'll let you take it for a spin when the time comes.

Later bud

Sounds good, does that have the adjustable gas block?

Yes. Just unsuppressed and suppressed modes... but it works great. I'll get pics up soon for your viewing pleasure. It really is a nice semi.

I'm really curious to see how effective the adjustable gas block is with a suppressor, you probably won't be getting your can anytime soon?

nope....not for awhile. I hope I just forget until I get a call from my SOT.

I haven't heard of any issues with the OBR running suppressed. I flipped the switch to suppressed just to see if it would run the bolt... nope. It cuts enough gas out to short cycle it (which is its purpose).

Just saw this and I'm surprised there hasn't been more replies!

I'm from Omaha and get out to ENGC fairly regularly. If anyone would like to come check it out, just let me know and I'd be happy to bring you along as a guest. They have a 600y range, a new 300y/300m range, 100y, 50y and several short-range pistol/rifle bays. It's a great range and the folks there are VERY easy going as long as you're safe.

I am trying to find a certain gunsmith in either Nebraska or Kansas. His name is Doug Heberlee. If you know or heard of him, send me a PM. Thanks

I know Bri and I our both looking for some new shooting grounds... I may have to take you up on that offer Nebraska....thanks much.

Excailber, that name doesn't ring a bell but I'll ask around for you... Best of luck

ENGC is cool, i went to an F-Class match at ENGC last september and had a good time. Also been to Brian's place a couple times, you can't beat his set-up...steel out to 1760y!

I'm in Lincoln btw, can't offer much on my end in terms of ranges

I may head up to Bri's stomping ground sometime next month... I'd really like to make it out there. Always nice to meet other shooters.

I second that...

but in the mean time I got out...

I started off rolling 168 AMAX's, SMK and Berger VLD's over 42.0-44.0 in .5 grain increments of Varget....
    ws670w.jpg

I set up shop on a cold/windy day.... 200 meters to target.
    20z4qq8.jpg

2iqfmrn.jpg

The results... She likes 168 SMK's over 43.0 grain of varget pushed at 2520 fps.
    My TBAC 30-BA is on order to round out this capable piece of kit.
    2aje2oo.jpg

161478.jpg

Gotta love it when a plan comes together...

Ha.... So I heard... Maybe a 5.56 can is next in line... Will see how this process goes.

Hows it going fellas........lincoln, NE here. im a new member and am facinated by this forum! I cant believe im just now finding it. Glad to see other huskers sharing the same passion as i. I look forward to discussion and possible range time in the future with anyone from lincoln or near by locations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RIGGS9985</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hows it going fellas........lincoln, NE here. im a new member and am facinated by this forum! I cant believe im just now finding it. Glad to see other huskers sharing the same passion as i. I look forward to discussion and possible range time in the future with anyone from lincoln or near by locations. </div></div>

RIGGS,

I'm in lincoln. I shoott at the Issak Walton League just south of town. I'm usually there on the weekends.

This is a great forum with a ton of good info...anyways I too am from Lincoln and looking to do some shoots out at ENGC (mainly pistol comps). Be nice to get a range day set at a private area...

yah i heard walton has a 300 yard range.....i have an area just east of lincoln i can go with a safe 650 yards to shoot....we will have to set it up for a weekend soon. right now i am in the process of devcon bedding my 700. should be done this weekend for a range report. and i will post pics!

Welcome to the hide Riggs, I live just 2.5 hours north of Lincoln and I have a field in my backyard with a one mile range, if you ever feel like taking a drive.

Re: Nebraska members

Hey k4c

Don't yell at me but I just purchased a new sig p226 enhanced elite off of gunbroker. I practically stole it they usually run around $1200 and I picked this one up for $755, I had to do it. Once in hand I'm going to see how it it compares with my gen4 glock 17.

Time will tell......

Re: Nebraska members

Sigs are a nice pistol (i owned a 226 in .40) however I prefer the low axis on a glock hands down. Shoot me your email address bri...I did a short video shooting steel at 20 yards on my 9x14 ipsc targets to show a friend up in Michigan that I can still run a pistol (haha).

Glad to see a shooting community forming.