• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Neck size 6BRA with Dasher

FNG1001

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
USA
Im fireforming 6BRA brass. Looking to neck size only for a couple firings, while leaving the body alone to fully take the shape of the chamber.

I thought that a 6 Dasher FL sizing die might work, seeing how a 6 Dasher is 0.080 longer but with the same 40 degree shoulder as the 6BRA. Has anyone tried this? I'm hoping to not damage the brass, but also not have a messy kaboom go on in front of me.

I'd guess the Dasher die might not enough neck to size the brass. You can try running a piece of brass through the die and measure with calipers if it's working or not. Just go slow because I think the BRA neck might bottom out first and you don't want to jam things up.

Dasher has 80k longer body, you won't get the BRA far enough up the die to size the full neck before bottoming out the ram/shellholder on the base of the die. You won't(shouldn't?) be able to touch the shoulder.

ETA: This would also size the BRA body, since you'll still get the sizing action of the die at the .200 line. You really need a neck die or a chamber drawing if you're trying to match dies.

Reactions: RegionRat
Im fireforming 6BRA brass. Looking to neck size only for a couple firings, while leaving the body alone to fully take the shape of the chamber.

I thought that a 6 Dasher FL sizing die might work, seeing how a 6 Dasher is 0.080 longer but with the same 40 degree shoulder as the 6BRA. Has anyone tried this? I'm hoping to not damage the brass, but also not have a messy kaboom go on in front of me.
You are going to get >99% on the first firing...way good enough for load dev. I wouldnt worry about it and just FL size. Maybe bump 0.001 instead of 0.002-.003, but even thats not really needed.