• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

neck tension

bigmike2121

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2011
longview, tx
Hey guys, I loaded some rounds for 308 the other day and loaded them too short. after removing the bullets, I loaded them to the correct length but the bullets seemed loose in the neck. (i.e. could almost pull them by hand). Since the unloaded casing has a new primer in it, how do I go about re sizing that casing? Can I resize with the unfired primer still in the case or are those casings now junk?

back your your decapper/expander off enough that you don't push the primer out. Also, I would back the die off a smidge, just enough to resize the neck. Make sense?

ETA: you'll still need lube the cases before you run 'em through the die again

Last edited:
I would think you cold pull the decaping pin out of your die and resize without any issues. I would be careful to not get any lube inside of the case though. I don't know if it would make any difference but I wouldn't want to get the primer "wet".