• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Neck turning and bumping shoulders

Jdaniel343

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2011
Casper,WY 82601
For those nurning neck and bumping shoulders instead of full length sizing, buy some Cerrosafe and cast a plug of your chamber and take measurements per the instructions.
It is not hard to use and revealed alot about my chamber.

Bet you learned your chamber neck is almost exactly a thou larger than the fired diameter of your case necks. ??

I have no idea how a chamber cast can possibly record the bolt face so using a cast to 'help' set sized shoulders back won't work; that requires an entirely different method.

Last edited:
Bet you learned your chamber neck is almost exactly a thou larger than the fired diameter of your case necks. ??

I have no idea how a chamber cast can possibly record the bolt face so using a cast to 'help' set sized shoulders back won't work; that requires an entirely different method.

Save the money spent on cerrosafe and buy an RCBS Precision Mic.

Fuzzball---Maybe if the cerrosafe is poured down the muzzle with a closed bolt :);)

"Fuzzball---Maybe if the cerrosafe is poured down the muzzle with a closed bolt"

I happily conceed your point, I never thought of trying it that way! :)

I shouldn't have said anything about bumping shoulders and cerrosafe. I'm bad.
I dont think it could be poured down the barrel. Wouldn't it set up to soon and you really wouldn't end up with a good cast anyway.
If your pouring a cast of your chamber remember to plug any gas escape holes. You'll still be able to get the cast out but it will be harder and then you have to clean out the holes afterwards.