• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Neck Turning Lathe

Re: Neck Turning Lathe

I have a 21stCS neck turner, the lathe is a new addtion, which I don't have, the turner(my first) is very easy to use, comfortable in my hand, I'm not turning with power tools so my cuts are very consistent due to the lack of heat, buy the whole kit so you get matching expander to turning mandrell.

i have a forster neck turning tool,if i have a lot to turn , i use a lee lock stud chucked in a drill.seems to work like this.however this does seem to be a little less labor with it mounted onto the bench.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugsly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do the gloves come with it? </div></div>

Thats the most expensive part!

How much trouble is to change between calibers? I know you need different a different arbor, mandrel, and cutter. Just curious how it is to change everything out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugsly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do the gloves come with it? </div></div>

That was my first reaction.
Then I started working on other juvenile snarky remarks that involved chasing someone 10 blocks.

Finally I resolved that the gloves were upstaging the product being sold.

NF11_low_whand.JPG

NorthFlex™ Red™ NF11
Foamed PVC Palm-Coated Glove

Workers love this sleek, red and black glove

Until now, a great gripping glove could not provide rugged abrasion resistance without compromising the dexterity and tactility that a worker needs to handle wet or dry objects meticulously. The ultra-lightweight NorthFlex™ Red™ NF11 Foamed PVC Palm Coated Glove by North Safety Products is the latest in advanced palm-coated glove technology for general purpose hand protection.

The NF11 Red Glove features a 15 gage, seamless knit, red nylon shell that is soft and form fitting to the user's hand for a comfortable, true fit. A black, foamed PVC coating is rugged to resist abrasion and provide a sure wet/dry grip. New foamed PVC coating technology allows the glove to remain sensitive enough to allow for a dexterous, tactile feel of what the user handles.

The NF11 Red is a versatile work glove that is ideal for workers who must perform multiple types of handwork throughout the day with moderate protection from mechanical hazards. The NorthFlex™ NF11 work glove brings you more of what you need in a general purpose work glove:

Fit: Elastic and form fitting to the user's hand, a snug knit-wrist provides minimal resistance to hand movement for exceptional wearer comfort
Comfort: Ultra-lightweight and soft to the touch, seamless knit shell eliminates skin irritation caused by knit seams, uncoated back for easy cooling of working hands
Performance: Superior abrasion resistance, wet/dry grip, tactility and dexterity
Grip: A sure, flexible grip – even in wet conditions, is achieved by a unique, open surface texture on the palm and fingers that clears liquids from surfaces and enables a firm wet-grip– reducing hand fatigue
Style: Workers love this sleek, red and black glove – the NF11 Red is the work glove they actually want to wear
Recommended Uses: Tool handling, material handling, small part handling, equipment handling, shipping & receiving, light assembly, general maintenance tasks, general construction, manufacturing/light assembly, landscaping, maintenance, etc.

I wonder if the ambulance crew saved them for transplant.

You never know when an accident like that is going to happen, so always try to look your best.

500G,
When you high jack a thread, there is death, blood, and guts left behind.

And you don't don't even have a lathe.
You have a 1/8 hp trimmer still in the box.
I can imagine you getting your finger caught in that, and you will be typing with 9.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much trouble is to change between calibers? I know you need different a different arbor, mandrel, and cutter. Just curious how it is to change everything out. </div></div>

The expander floats in it's own die, RR about 10 sseconds, the turning mandrell is also a fast RR but set up is a little tedious, 21st has different angle carbide cutters to match the neck angles, I haven't taken mine apart that far but a single size Allen wrench is all that is required, this is my first and only NT tool, I like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I have a Gracey! </div></div>
Pardon me all to hell.
You have 1/15th horse power.
You could get your Michelle O neck tie stuck in that.