• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NECO dry slick neck lube

QRE23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2008
Wa.
Anyone use this stuff as a neck lube and if so what did you think of it??? Pros vs Cons ???

Re: NECO dry slick neck lube

I use it and I like it a lot. Definitely makes seating more consistent. Only thing I wonder about is what happens if the rounds are exposed to moisture what would happen to the moly.

I found the better results by sticking the lower half of the bullet in the powder then seating it as opposed to putting the neck of the case in the powder.

I was looking to use it when neck sizing not really looking to use it for bullet seating.

Its meant for consistent bullet seating especially if you clean your brass to ultra clean by US or SS media, IMHO using it to lube the outside of the necks for NS will work but there are better choices such as Imperial Sizing Wax

Be sure to clean the outside of the neck well after loading with that stuff, otherwise you'll be coating the chamber walls with moly which has the potential to increase the case head loading force.

So I know we are all talking about the same stuff the dry lube I'm talking about is the little container of graphite coated round spheres that look like bb's and is advertised as a dry lube replacement used for neck sizing. I believe Imperial makes something just like the NECO product. It eliminates getting any lube, like the different waxes, inside the cases. The manufactor claims it pulls over the button easier too. That part doesn't matter all that much to me since I take all my buttons out but I do use a k&m expander die and it would be nice if I could eliminate any kind of wax type lube inside the cases.

Soudns like quite a bit of trouble to do to. Pick up a set of redding dies and get the carbide espander ball. It goes through the necks really smooth.

CJG