• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need 20 moa base and rings recomendations

Griffin4590

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2011
Anchorage Alaska
new to setting these things up myself so forgive the rookie question. I need a good solid base and some rings for a savage 10. I'd like to spend ball park < 150 but something quality can't be had for that amount I will spend more. I want to do this once.

Re: Need 20 moa base and rings recomendations

EGW and Ken Farrell both use oval head screws which act like recoil lugs. A plus in my book.

I have a Weaver Extended Multi-Slot 20MOA base and Burris XTR low rings on my Savage 10FP and 12FV. Maybe not the "best" if you're beating the hell out of your rifle, the combo works very well for my needs.

Check out TPS. About $150 for a set of rings and a base. Less if you go with their alloy aluminum instead of steel. SWFA, Midway, etc. carry them. You won't be disappointed. Of course, if money's not an issue, Badger, Farrell, Leupold, Night Force or Seekins.

EGW's steel base is on the low $$ side,lots of good rings FS on here for alittle less than the going rate,but you have to be QUICK to get them,

Weaver tac base, TPS steel rings

I've been using the EGW base and Burris Extreme tactical rings, this is about $100.00 package

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been using the EGW base and Burris Extreme tactical rings, this is about $100.00 package </div></div>

I use this setup on .338LM with no problems. Just don't over torque the ring screws. 15 in/lbs max.

I've been patiently waiting for seekins. Everyone says it will be worth the wait.