• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Need a 3/4"-24 to 1/2"-28 Adapter...ideas?

KnowNothing256

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2020
    This isn't really a WTB, although if someone has one lemme know. Per @RAVAGE88's commentary regarding 22LR bores opening up with 1/2"-28 muzzle threads, I've got a Bartlein barrel coming for the Vudoo with 3/4"-24 threads (caught the boys in the VGW shop a bit by surprise actually...), but I'm still hoping to run my old can threaded for 1/2"-28. Thing is, my brilliant idea of just running an adapter ran into a wall: there's plenty of adapters to go from 1/2"-28 to 5/8"-24, or 5/8"-24 to 3/4"-24, but nary a one to be found that'll take me all the way from 1/2" to 3/4".

Now, of course I can reach out to a machine shop to make me one of these, but it'll likely run me something like $100 due to the specialty small-batch (i.e., batch of one...) item. Anybody know of anywhere to get one of these? Didn't realize Mike B. hadn't fully fleshed out the market for 3/4"-24 22LR barrels just yet...

ETA: Also not looking to stack adapters. Just seems goofy, really, not to mention the risk of tolerance stacking leading to a baffle strike.

Any way you could change that barrel to be 5/8"-24 instead of the 3/4" thread?

These guys seem to have every adapter except the one you're looking for, you might ask if they could make one for you. Or stack two adapters; I know it's weird, but if it works it works, and you can tell immediately by eyeballing it.

Wherever you get one from, make sure you check concentricity with an alignment rod.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
    Actually, after a few conversations with VGW, they talked me back to 1/2"-28 threads. Paul agreed that Mike has made observations/recommendations around larger muzzle thread patterns, but also observed that basically nobody is running 3/4"-24 threads on 22LR, which is part of why I can't find an adapter anywhere to do it; on top of that, he said that with cut-rifled barrels (the only ones they'll thread), they almost never see a muzzle sour after threading, and they check them all before they leave the shop.

So, hoping to soon hear that my Bartlein is normal (in that it's fine after threading), then taking the new barrel to the range to start break-in...

I've used Hughes supply for years, if you don't like what you get he takes it back. But as AMGtuned said check it to be sure.