• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need a 700 style bolt handle

7mmRM

Minuteman
Jul 2, 2004
Celestine, Indiana
Where does one find a OEM style 700 bolt handle? I have bolt here that a fellow busted off and actually broke the handle in two. He does not want a straight handle like a Callahan or PTG or the M70ish looking handle from Hollands.

Re: Need a 700 style bolt handle

Ooops, sorry. Missed that he didn't want the Hollands. We used to have some that we're identical to factory remingtons. I thought we got them from Brownells, I must be mistaken (or they dropped them).

Rem lists the bolt handle as:
26330 N/A 700 BOLT HANDLE - BLUED 26.90

Brownells shows the same part/PN being available for $23.59.

I would assume this is the factory bolt handle.

Remove the finger piece that is still attached to the bolt body w/ harmonics/vibration.
Fixture & TIG weld the two pieces,blend,ready for install.

Current production OEM Rem bolt handles with the exception of one, are short cam handles.

Thats what I was originally going to do, but its actually twisted as well. IMO, its just new handle time.

Id love to hear the tail on how to twist ad brake a bolt handle in the middle under normal use.

Normally they fall of at the solder joint.