• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a Badass Commercial Mower

Grasshopper
Bad Boy
Dixie Chopper
That's pretty much it for the good stuff although X-Mark also makes some good ones they are much harder to find in coon-ass-ville.
Check out Louisiana power equipment in Sulphur La.

BTW, bad boy makes a 4x4 zero turn just for the boggy swamp areas. I don't think anyone else does.

I have a couple of pretty big commercial landscapers as clients that deal mostly with hospitals, schools, corporate headquarters etc. They bail on their equipment once they reach a certain number of hours, regardless of how the units run and sell it pretty cheap. I've hooked up a few landscaping startups with their info and they've been extremely pleased. All exmark, as far as I'm aware. I'm sure if you looked around you'd find the same situation in 'bama.

Around here, Duke Energy fleet vehicles get auctioned off every four years or so. That can be a great opportunity to pick up a nice, slightly used pickup for a song as long as you're good with a white Ford. Some of the vehicles driven by managers are babied with maybe 25k on the odometer. I'm sure the chip shortage has made things more expensive, but its worth a look.

Lawn care can be a tough business. Next to restaurants, I've seen more lawn care startups flop than just about any other type of business in the last few years. If you play your cards right, their loss could be your gain. I've seen a bunch of people drop a ton of money on top of the line stuff only to close up shop a year later.

Well then how about a little more to go on than I want to sink $20k into mowers to cut coonass grass.

Maybe if it had real gold spinning wheels.

Last edited:
I always liked Walker myself.

Ferris big block, or an ExMark would do the trick.

Pending the lawns/landscape, maneuverability is key, so consider something that has interchangeable decks, or just 2 altogether.

I ran a 60" Scag mid mount zero turn, and Walker 48" GHS 27hp efi. Walker stripes look mint, and you can get piles of attachments for them.

I have a JD 920M zero turn. Can't say enough good about it. Super nice mower.

Get the mower that has the best local support. All those mowers are useless if you can't get them serviced if something goes wrong. All of the big name commercial mowers do a great job. Your Stinger or X Mark is going to be a PITA get parts for or serviced if there are only Toro or JD dealers around you.

At Corkern Lawn Services we run stuff flat out and to the edge.
Time is money when you're trimming customers instead of the grass.

C4772689-4838-459A-9558-B0B9D205A7A0.jpeg.jpg
36095FE8-E7A0-404C-A171-BECEA5AD7B58.jpeg.jpg

Hustler Super Z w/Hyperdrive, 35hp Kawasaki, 72" cut, can mow at 16mph. On a flat yard it will cut 9 acres/hour. My kid on it:

On commercial, you might be limited to something smaller (that fits through gates)

0603161011.jpg

Reactions: Ravenworks
exmark lazer z hp, hauls azz and cuts good. see a lot of commercial guys using them. zero issues with the two i have 10+years.

I'm thinking of starting a lawncare business in the Louisiana area, but can't find a badass commercial mower. Does anyone know where I might find a slightly used commercial mower so I can cut grass for coonasses with precision? Thanks!
Out of respect for the situation please delete thread

Thanks

Reactions: Cjl2010
Mowers have a hard time mulching Adidas track suits. I personally would suggest a wood chipper.

Last edited:
Scag Turf Tiger. I would get the B&S engine. Made in Japan by Dihatsu (Toyota) Get the 61" deck. The Kawi engine is made in China and burns oil like a b*(*&* even when new. I would avoid the Kubota engine turf tiger as mine has been a pain with engine troubles. Stay with the gasoline engines.

Stay far far away from Briggs and Stratton engines.
First off, they went bankrupt.
Second, they are Chiwanese engines.
In 2007, it closed its engine plant in Rolla, Missouri, that once employed up to 800 people — moving much of that production to China.
3rd, the engines just suck, they will fling the generator magnets from under the flywheel and turn into a chainsaw shredding the engine case.

At the very least get a Kohler, they make good engines.

I’d never buy an ex-mark again. Grasshopper diesel 72 inch or bigger for me if I ever bought another commercial mower.

But they do hinge. I guess I didn't understand your statement.

And for the record, I do work at a dealership that sells these among other mowers from zero turns, to pull behind finish mowers and belly mowers, to brush hogs (including batwing), to hydraulic powered ones like the Ground Shark.

Reactions: AMGtuned
@MtnCreek: Ah, you got me! I mean you’ve been talking about leaving GA, so… And I wasn’t aware of the other drama until tonight.
F’n Troll. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: MtnCreek
I disagree. Diesel has the torque to really cut well, and we love our Kubota mowers. We ran one on the farm that cut 2-5 acres weekly for over 20 years with the original everything except blades, oil, and batteries. Current unit does similar and it is now starting season 10, again with zero issues

Walk behinds I like Scag and riding I like Hustlers with a 6” deck. I used to cut industrial parks and apartment complexes. Long ass days

Last edited:
John Deere 997 diesel and be done with it. Jd 997 has a top speed of about 15mph with hydro lift and zero turn. I’d replace the tires if I did it again. Or a grasshopper rear discharge if you don’t like being covered in grass.