• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need a bolt knob on my Remmy 700 - who still does

700X7.62

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Hello everyone! This is my first post here, I am new to long-range shooting but not shooting and I just bought a 700 in .308 and I am having a hell of a time finding someone that will thread my handle or weld a oversized bolt knob. I tried searching through these forums and called Pacific Tool & Gauge as people here mentioned them but they do not do this work. I also found some post with members saying they do the work & emailed them but no one replied and I don't think they are still active members.

I found a guy on a California Long-Range website who had a machinest friend that had been layed off and this guy was throwing work his way so I overnighted it to him and a week latter I get a Paypal refund and a note saying this guy dosen't "do bolt handles" anymore - guess he has not been unemployed long enough!

Any ideas where I could get this done and a decent turn-around time? Also on my searching through this forum it seem that people prefer the knobs being Tig welded over threading the knob and using a Badger Ordance Tac knob.

Thanks!

Re: Need a bolt knob on my Remmy 700 - who still does

AZPrecision has done all of mine. less than a week turn around an the best pricing I have seen. Give him a shout. He is on the hide, just do a search and you will find him. Kieth Johns is his name.

Sgt. Ross

There are several people here on the 'Hide that do that kind of work. Just ask for photos to make sure what design you want.

I know Hooper does them on here. When I get back home I am probably going to send him one of mine. It also looks like he can do alot of different styles as well. Just a little FYI.

Jeremy

I sent mine to GAP Friday, they called to say it was done Monday afternoon.

Re: Need a bolt knob on my Remmy 700 - who still d

+1 for G.A. Precision each one they did for me turned out great quick turn around. On one the day they got it it was done and sent back out. The other was on a rifle the trued the action on for me.

www.gaprecision.net/services.html

AZprecision Cheap and starting out. Uses a stud in handle.

GAPrecision

Hooper

Patriot Arms ??

Randy (HateCa) ??

All have quick turn around at the moment with bolt knobs. I think most make there own or install others. All do excellent work with bolt knob installs

GA Precision
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gdHvhQ9dVX0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gdHvhQ9dVX0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Gre-Tan Rifles does a great job and fast turnaround.

I can help you. I cannot do them in 1 min 45 secs. , but for $85 I can do them in about 35 minutes and supply a badger knob and return shipping. Check out my website. One day I will update it.

Installs are now running less than a week from the time I get it.

I appreciate your business.

Hooper

R&D Precision, Hooper, GAP, AZPrecision, etc etc etc.

Have had Randy do mine, never had a problem.

Oh, fill out your profile.

R&D Precision is the only place I will go from now on. I like his newer style bolt knob. +1 for Randy.

monteboy84 did mine, send him a PM and see what he can do for you... Matt by the way, does great work

Adding a Louisville Slugger baseball bat or bowling ball to your bolt handle does not address the location/timing issues with 99.999% of the production Remington's..