• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a chassis or tube gun Chassis for Remington!

Atti_Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
TX
The following chassis are my options
smile.gif

http://www.mdttac.com/products.html

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/w3c.php

http://www.forceproduction.com/DemonForce/Demon_Force.html

http://www.competitionshootingstuff.com/id26.html

Which one would you get? I like the folding options, or quick removable options for because carry length...

Re: What chassis would you buy for Remington 700?

I use the 1.0 and 1.5 accuracy international chassis system stocks on my 308 and 6.5x55 rifles. I prefer the 1.0 because the cheek weld is lower and allows me to have a more vertical alignment behind the rifle. This flat platform works very well for me when shooting off of the bench. Good luck!

I would also take a look at the CADEX chassis. Drake associates is doing a group buy for forum members here. Here is a link to the chassis, on their site: http://www.drakeassociates.us/content/strike30

CADEX designed the chassis for the Remington MSR system if I recall correctly.

I have a McRee TMAG folder on my 338LM build and just picked up an AICS 2.0 to see how I like that for a 308 build that I am doing. You may want to check out the McRee chassis in addition to the others that you have on the list already.

Drake is cost much more than any others. Competitionshootingsstuff, and Whiskey, and mdttac is my best shots. I need a barrel first
smile.gif

I went with Eliseo Chassis. Rts Remington

Rock Solid.

Why on earth would you consider an unproven design that isn't in production?

Is it just me, or is that barrel a wee bit off center?

Demon_Force_Sniper_Chassis3.jpg

I have the CSS RTS and it is an absolutely awesome chassis, I couldn't be happier with mine.

426507_2889137182405_1079472750_32812767_1300627950_n.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rock Solid. </div></div>

I want one....

Is any type of tube gun chassis , or other are available just to order it , or all have a 2-3 months waiting time?

I plan on getting the whiskey 3 as my first upgrade for next year. So that's my choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hogue overmold </div></div>

For a tubegun, I"d go with the Eliseo for sure: I'd guess you could have one delivered in a week. It is a true tubegun and has many strengths. Gary just released an adapter that allows any AR buttstock to be used. So, if you don't like his buttstock (I don't), you can now purchase everything minus the buttstock and then put your choice on. About two years ago, I went with the MAK tubegun because the Eliseo did not have AR buttstock options back then: now that is fixed. By the way, love my MAK tubegun: just a super solid rifle useful for many different pursuits.

Often times the barrel is off center on different chassis systems so that the optic can be closer to the centerline of the bore and the top of the tube does not contact the optic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why on earth would you consider an unproven design that isn't in production?

Is it just me, or is that barrel a wee bit off center?

</div></div>

Manners T4 would be Nice.

New AICS 'next gen' skins or viper skins?

But, that MDT looks interesting from your list. How about the XLR?

Hello,
New to the forum, just recently bought a Remington 700 in 308 with tactical 20" bull barrel, looking for a different chassis for it, will the viperskin system fit this gun?

Thanks

JMP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello,
New to the forum, just recently bought a Remington 700 in 308 with tactical 20" bull barrel, looking for a different chassis for it, will the viperskin system fit this gun?

Thanks

JMP </div></div>

It will if you buy an AICS chassis for your rifle. You can look at them on Mile High Shooting website. They have the Viperskins too.

get a KRG and you will not regret it.

The rts and krg couldn't be more different, but those are my choices. You have to ask if you want ar15 ergos or not. I prefer the sako trg ergos so the krg is the one for me.

[

That Demon force production stock looks like a exact copy of the TACMOD stock designed by the the AMU shooters that won the Intl sniper comp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone informed you about the Manners w/mini chassis..... WIN

Oh wait I already did... </div></div>

Ryan likes Manners with a Mini Chassis?! Who would have guessed! Just kidding. you would never go wrong with a Manners either. Best advice that someone gave me was to get behind as many (chassis/stocks) as possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone informed you about the Manners w/mini chassis..... WIN

Oh wait I already did... </div></div>

Ryan likes Manners with a Mini Chassis?! Who would have guessed! Just kidding. you would never go wrong with a Manners either. Best advice that someone gave me was to get behind as many (chassis/stocks) as possible. </div></div>

So TRUE!!! Get behind as many as possible. The truth is that many people dont like the traditional "chassis" feel. That is why the Manners mini chassis is so different.

BUT... feel out as many as possible and pick the one that fits YOU. In the end (assuming your are executing the fundamentals properly) that is all that matters.

I went Tacmod about a year ago. No regrets.

and check out the jae700 it looks awesome. take a look before you pull the trigger. all the ones you listed are excellent. also another vote for mcrees and xlr. i just got mcrees ar folder you cant beat their price.

I tried several, W3 worked the best, only complaint was that rock hard cheek piece, but a little padding and it works great. Weight is a bit heavier, but all the chassis and tube guns are about the same. I like chassis over glue-in as I can pull the receiver out if needed.

I went with the Whiskey 3 chassis. This chassis has worked great for me.

whiskey3018.jpg

Got my AICS 2.0 at Mile High, they did a great job. If you go by in person, you can take a look at a few different options they have in stock like the AX.

I got an eliseo tubegun and its a pretty rock solid system, i like it because of my prefrence of using an AR style pistle grip

Re: Need a chassis or tube gun Chassis for Remington!

The McRee stock is a rock solid option for anyone wanting to improve their R700, or all of the variations of the R700 actions. I have on a couple occasion swapped out my 6.5CM barrel and action, for my R700 223 SPS. Torque the chassis screws and your GTG. There was no need to adjust the scope, the chassis is just that solid. It uses the standard AI style magazine.

Re: Need a chassis or tube gun Chassis for Remington!

XLR is an amazing chassis. Feels perfect when you hold it.

I would also take a look at the CADEX chassis. Drake associates is doing a group buy for forum members here. Here is a link to the chassis, on their site: Strike 30 - Drake Associates Inc.

CADEX designed the chassis for the Remington MSR system if I recall correctly.

Did I read the spec sheet on this right? It says the stock comes it at over 7 lbs? That seems like a lot of weight in just the chassis.

chassis wasn't really meant for long barrels because their rifle comes with a 16in barrel if you buy it. Which I have heard shoots like 3/8in or better in 308 with factory ammo(black hills)