• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a couple PU scope set ups for MN 91/30 rifles

donws2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2008
Mountain Rest, South Carolina
Me and another Hider found a couple 91/30 Mosin Nagant ex-sniper rifles in the local gun shop yesterday. The shop had a crate of 20 MN's on the floor and three of the rifles were Ex-snipers. Pin and screw holes have been plugged but I've converted a couple back so I'm familiar with how to do that. My problem is the places I use to buy the real PU scopes and mounts no longer have them. I need either a couple real Soviet PU scopes set ups or will settle on a couple of the Ukraine made copies. I have no interest in the Chinese made units with the cast mounts. If anyone here wants to share a source for a dealer here in the US that carries the PU complete sets that would be a great help. I've found a couple sources in Europe but would rather deal with someone here in the US.
TIA

Re: Need a couple PU scope set ups for MN 91/30 rifles

PM inbound, Doc.

Heres a link to Accumounts website. Hes a good guy that sells good eastern bloc repro stuff. He will fix you up. Ive bought from him before.
http://www.accumounts.com/

Thanks guys, so far I've found two scopes, one mount and two correct stocks from your help. need a couple bases, another mount too finish these but I've got a great start with your help.

Donald

ric44 mentioned Accumounts. I've done a lot of business with them and would recommend them, also. Especially for their bases. Original bases are hard to find and very expensive when you do find them. Be sure to measure the hole spacing between the main screws on each rifle. They will typically be either 53.5, 54.5 or 55.5mm. Most of the ones I've seen are 53.5, but I currently have one rifle that's 54.5mm. Accumounts offers all three and also has a blank base, so you can drill your own holes if your rifle happens to be of an odd spacing (not impossible, as they were done by hand and not all of them fit the same). Their mounts are good, as well. None of the cheap aluminum stuff.

John

+1 for accumounts.

My PE scope and mount came from them and its nice stuff.

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

Thanks again for all the help.
Another question if I may, Who have you guys used to do the bolt work?
I finish up one of the three of rifle today as far as I can go. I still need to have the bolt handle extended and bent down. I'll use the bolt body out of a Finish captured 91/30 sniper I have and just change the bolt head for now. but will need to have three bolts modified some time soon.
I ordered the wounts I needed from accumounts and hope to have them next week so hopefully all three rifles will be finished by the end of next week and waiting on just the bolt bodies to complete them.

I've had bolts done by all the "main" guys. Mike Battersby is the best, for sure. I'll PM you his email address.