• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need a Double Rifle Bag for 46"-48" Rifles- Update

5hans5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2011
CT
UPDATE: I've been looking a bit at the Safariland 4552 46" double rifle bag(shoulder and backpack). Does anyone have one of these? How long a rifle can you fit in it- I've contacted the company and they are reviewing it(didn't know). I also asked for inside photos as I've never seen any.

Maybe you've heard this one before, but I need a double rifle range bag that will fit two 46-48" bolt rifles. I'm not set on a drag bag or a discrete bag. I will be hauling it around, so the backpack or straps need to be good.

My priorities are: 1. Protection and padding, 2. Secure holding of arms in bag, 3. Muzzle, buttstock, and/or scope protection, 4. Backpack capable, 5. Good zippers, and 5. Room for other gear.

Let me know what you think is good. I see a lot of bags but they don't show the inside or tell you what the internal dimensions are. Thanks.

Re: Need a Double Rifle Bag for 46"-48" Rifles

www.google.com
smile.gif

you are taking a double rifle (some of the most expensive platforms out there) and you are worried about spending the money to protect it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you are taking a double rifle (some of the most expensive platforms out there) and you are worried about spending the money to protect it?</div></div>

I think he means a bag that will hold TWO rifles.....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you are taking a double rifle (some of the most expensive platforms out there) and you are worried about spending the money to protect it?</div></div>

I think he means a bag that will hold TWO rifles.....
wink.gif
</div></div>

is he?

Your posts are well noted, let's try again. I have looked around, however I am interested in what you use and would recommend. Your note on cost was well put and I will reconsider as lugging around two expensive rifles DOES deserve good protection, etc. So, please let me know what you recommend for precision bolt guns this length. Thanks.

It truly comes down to what are you going to carry. If you are going to carry two rifles, a spotting scope, 2l or water, ammo, and the kitchen sink you should find the going rate for a Sherpa (I know this first hand).

The three I named are all highly recommended. In effect you have asked for a box without defining what you are going to do with that box or what you are going to carry in that box.

Chiller recommended the better systems out there. If your on the cheap like me try these.

I have to admit that the material is nice and heavy duty. Everything seems to be double stitched with considerable padding inside. The strings on the zippers break off in your hand if you’re trying to squeeze a Ar15 and a bolt gun with scope covers in the bag. 550 cord to the rescue for that. I bought the drag bag as a way to carry my Ar15 and bolt gun to the range without having to use my hard cases that I despise. Nor can I see myself carrying this as a back pack. For those of you that are into all that I’ve been told the 5.11 double rifle case is the best thing going.

Here is the bag loaded with a scoped Ar15 and Bolt gun. Each gun is wearing a Eagle scope and muzzle protector.

CIMG0044.jpg

Now I have to admit getting the guns and covers in this bag is tough.

CIMG0050.jpg

However they do fit rather nice without the extra covers.

CIMG0051.jpg

One of the internal pockets that I’ll use to place my bolt in. Or other goodies.

CIMG0054.jpg

The backpack straps are pretty comfortable. Not that I’ve hiked around with this thing loaded for miles. More like in the living room with my son chasing me around wanting to wear it.

CIMG0048.jpg

Now for those who don’t like the backpack straps here’s something you can do with them. This is a large pocket where you can release your QD buckles and store the straps in. If you’re so inclined you can also take the shoulder strap off. Every strap seems to be on some type of QD buckle.

CIMG0046.jpg

CIMG0045.jpg

CIMG0044.jpg

All in all I think it’s going to be a nice soft gun case for my purposes.

I'm with Boone.. that's what I have and works great. For $50.. get outta here.