• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Need a Glock 34 lightbearing holster reccomendation....

missed

nothing
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
TEXAS
I want to find a light bearing holster for my Glock 34 G4, I am a lefty, with a Surefire X400. I have a JM custom Kydex holster that I really like, but with no light. He does not make one for the X3/400.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Last edited:
well details would have been important....

I really did not think a lot about the retention. Outside the waistband, this holster is going to be for camping/hunting trips. I have the light on this gun when its at the house, so I want something that can be pulled out of the holster in a reasonable manner if I am not wearing the holster.

I had originally thought of just a kydex holster like my #1 OWB from JM. But no light support there. I am not as skilled or knowledgeable on the sidearms as I want to be. I will be attending a couple pistol classes soon, which one of them requires a light-bearing setup. From my reading I see some call kydex holsters L1 retention and some L2 depending on the way they are setup. One that got my attention was the new surefire, but no lefty support.

I have thoughts of just putting the light-bearing on the belt I use at the PRS matches and I could take the light on and off. Which would use it for PRS matches and Steel pistol matches.

I want to find a light bearing holster for my Glock 34 G4, I am a lefty, with a Surefire X400. I have a JM custom Kydex holster that I really like, but with no light. He does not make one for the X3/400.

Thanks!
Sure he does. I have two of them.

Sure he does. I have two of them.

Will the X400U fit in the holster for the X300U ? I thought the laser had the little extra bump on it. I sent him a message and he said no on the X400U, said not enough demand to have the mold built.

Will the X400U fit in the holster for the X300U ? I thought the laser had the little extra bump on it. I sent him a message and he said no on the X400U, said not enough demand to have the mold built.
Mine were made specifically for the x400. I cant promise anything, but tell him I sent you. He knows my screen name.

You can buy leather and kydex and roll your own.
There are videos on YouTube, my son has made several and turned out nice.
An oven, hammer, and gromet kit.
Could get you going.

Watch your fingers with the hot kydex a helper is good.

You can buy leather and kydex and roll your own.
There are videos on YouTube, my son has made several and turned out nice.
An oven, hammer, and gromet kit.
Could get you going.

Watch your fingers with the hot kydex a helper is good.

It has crossed my mind, im just buried in projects right now. I have enough stuff around the shop, I could knock out a kydex vacuum press in no time.

You can get away with hot pads and gloves, its maluable when warmed up..
An indent in the trigger guard and friction from the leather will provide a resanable amount of retention,
But not meet formal requirements if any required.

A vacuum system could over form the kydex but you can reheat and make adjustments,.

It was fun I helped.

If you are still newer to pistols, I would encourage you to take some classes first before seeking out specialized gear.
90+% of police do not have a holstered weapon light

The 1st problem with weapon lights is an easy problem, I should not search with my weapon light.
those pesky rules that keep us alive...
  • All guns are always loaded.
  • Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. - yup sweeping with a light breaks this rule
  • Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
  • Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.- basically breaking this rile too

I keep white light on home defense weapons and will illuminate the floor... a variation on low ready.

If outside, you will need to identify a threat before drawing your sidearm. If their is not sufficient light to identify a threat, I stay holstered.

If 90+% of police do not have a holstered weapon light.... for these same reasons.... specialized units do have lights as they are hunting...

Learn the two basic light techniques... Harries and Rogers - great with small tactical lights....

If you carry a club...err.... maglight, learn how to use that light....

Learn how to reload with a hand held light. Learn how to clear malfunctions... with and without a light

Everyone has a very large box of crap they purchased... and never uses as the items are they are crap - Quality and or designs... We thought it would work... but its crap or crap for our needs...
Taking classes helps you avoid buying crap.....

Thanks for the reply, I have had pistols for nearly 20 years, but it really hasn't been till the last 5 years that I have really been wanting to further my skills with it. You have a good point about searching with the weapon light. One of the classes I was looking at going to required a weapon light which is driving this holster purchase. I have been making some steel matches along with the PRS matches, the steel match group also has a few night matches also.

It's a no on JM (CNC molds only now) a couple of the other recommendations either no lefties or no X400 light, (which I already have 2 of). The Black point is the top of the list right now.

There is a Olight light that's carried also and could be utilized for mechanical agitation if required also.....

Blackpoint makes good stuff and they are good guys.

I would go with an ALS Safariland holster and recommend calling or emailing the guys at HolsterOps.com and telling them exactly what you want. They are where it’s at when it comes to Safariland holsters. If you end up going with an ALS Safariland holster, get a nub mod from otdefense.com and you’ll be set.

Safariland doesn't make an ALS that will hold an X400.

Aha, I didn’t know that. They might custom make one for you though, the guys at HolsterOps.com can answer that question for sure, they are affiliated with Safariland in some way. I have had nothing but great experiences with those guys, very responsive to customer inquiries. I switched to Safariland ALS holsters exclusively for all my owb carry after trying a lot of brands/style and couldn’t be happier at this point.

They can't make the ALS work with an X400, regardless of who asks for it. Yet.

Have you seen the new Surefire holster? Somebody just posted it on here. It attaches to their lights or the rail or something. Fits any pistol with a rail so I'm guessing it holds the light. It has a switch that your trigger finger can hit when drawing that turns it on before it comes out. It has a thumb lock for retention so it draws naturally. Worth looking at.

Edit: Oh, based on how it's made, it's possible a suppressor will fit it. And any kind of sight or reflex sight will also fit it. I need to know more about it, maybe see one but I think I may get one if the price is right.

Last edited:
I use a Bladetech Level 2 for 3gun. The light serves as a weight that improves balance/recoil. This all works well and I can easily flip the strap down if I want a faster draw when I’m not running.

As for HD I keep a light on the gun and another flashlight on the nightstand. Next to electronic earmuffs and shooting glasses. I’d prefer to retain my senses in a fight. Why not? Hell I’d slug an expreso if there was time.

That said, accidentally sweeping a home invader with my weapon light isn’t going to cause pangs of guilt.

Last edited:
I thought we were talking about concealment holsters, but if duty holsters are in the mix, the good old 6004 dos a great job with my TLR2 HL G. I don't know if they make one for the X400, but I imagine they do, since they can't make an ALS for it.

There was supposed to be a new version of the ALS out this year that would take an underlight mounted laser, but it isn't ready yet.

Contact 2A holsters, american made, veteren owned and operated. Great quaility and service.