• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a Good Place to buy Foam for Homemade Gun Case

werthless_one

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2012
Hays, KS
I live in a small town and nobody carries any foam for gun cases. I turned an old army crate into a SBR/pistol case. I just need foam to finish it.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 44
LOL... cool case. I hear ya on the foam though. I live in the "sticks" too, and ive never found the good dark grey type foam used in the good cases either! I'd love to find a supplier that wouldnt charge an arm and a leg for it. I'd imagine find a re-upholsterer guy.....

I have used Foam Factory a couple times. I even bought a couple rolls of neoprene to line my toolbox drawers with.

Get good foam and hot wire cut it. That is the best.

~Will

efoamstore.com is another good choice. I've used them to re-foam several cases over the years.

Noveske Pelican Case.jpg

Don't know if you are still looking but I just received my foam from Andax and it worked out great. Can't say anything bad and their customer service was excellent. I worked with Dawn and she sent me out a schematic sheet for me to draw out what I had in mind. Was kinda skeptical at first as I am not the worlds best artist by any means but their instructions were easy to follow. This was then followed up with an option to talk to their engineers about possible changes based on the size of the container as well as doing what the foam is supposed to do - protect your loved ones :). Give em a try.

Andax Industries, LLC
613 West Palmer Street
Saint Marys, KS 66536
Phone: (800)-999-1358
Fax: (888)-443-4732

E-Mail: [email protected]

Nice. I already bought from the foam factory. Thanks for the input though. Lets just say mine isn't that pretty. I had to get creative because of clearance issues but I have room for my SBR AR, 2-1911's, 2-suppressors, 2-optics, 10- 1911 mags, and 10- 30rd AR mags and still extra room.

Nice. I already bought from the foam factory. Thanks for the input though. Lets just say mine isn't that pretty. I had to get creative because of clearance issues but I have room for my SBR AR, 2-1911's, 2-suppressors, 2-optics, 10- 1911 mags, and 10- 30rd AR mags and still extra room.

DAMN!!! Thats a bigger box then I thought. Can you upload a pic of the finished product? I have been toying with the idea of doing something like this.

Thanks!

DAMN!!! Thats a bigger box then I thought. Can you upload a pic of the finished product? I have been toying with the idea of doing something like this.

Thanks!

I haven't finished the part for my optics and suppressors since I'm still waiting on the paperwork for my suppressors to come back. But here is the jest of it.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 35
View attachment 27671

Don't know if you are still looking but I just received my foam from Andax and it worked out great. Can't say anything bad and their customer service was excellent. I worked with Dawn and she sent me out a schematic sheet for me to draw out what I had in mind. Was kinda skeptical at first as I am not the worlds best artist by any means but their instructions were easy to follow. This was then followed up with an option to talk to their engineers about possible changes based on the size of the container as well as doing what the foam is supposed to do - protect your loved ones :). Give em a try.

Andax Industries, LLC
613 West Palmer Street
Saint Marys, KS 66536
Phone: (800)-999-1358
Fax: (888)-443-4732

E-Mail: [email protected]
How much did that cost you?

How much did that cost you?

It was $85 to have the foam cut and I paid their design guys $12.50 to look at my drawing and let me know if it could be done differently (they didn't suggest anything other than adding finger slots). All said and done it was $108.29 shipped. Quick and got exactly what I wanted. Couldn't be happier and will definitely be going to them for my Savage 10 .308 case.

It was $85 to have the foam cut and I paid their design guys $12.50 to look at my drawing and let me know if it could be done differently (they didn't suggest anything other than adding finger slots). All said and done it was $108.29 shipped. Quick and got exactly what I wanted. Couldn't be happier and will definitely be going to them for my Savage 10 .308 case.
Not nearly as bad as I thought! I have a Plano AW case I may have them do. Did you get a choice on what weight foam they sent you if so what did you choose and thoughts on it? I am leaning towards a pretty heavy grade.

Not nearly as bad as I thought! I have a Plano AW case I may have them do. Did you get a choice on what weight foam they sent you if so what did you choose and thoughts on it? I am leaning towards a pretty heavy grade.

The set up I went with was a 4 layer system. A heavy grade upper layer and a med heavy 3 under layers. Keep in mind, this is not the pluck and pull style foam - its pretty durable. The top layer is fairly firm and doesn't just mush when you push down on it.