• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need a Gunsmith in NE Oregon or SE Washington

LR338nut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2009
Umitilla County, Or
Im moved to NE Oregon this summer and now I am in need of a good gunsmith in the area. Im hoping to find someone in the area of Pendleton, Hermiston, La Grande, Baker, or Tri Cities Wa. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.

Re: Need a Gunsmith in NE Oregon or SE Washington

JD is close to you in Yakima. Does great work and knows his stuff.
On the other side of the mountains Rbros will fix you up as well.

I have rifles from both, and they are all hammers

Bumping this thread because I need to find somebody to thread some of my barrels for my suppressor I should be getting later this month.

JD is close to you in Yakima. Does great work and knows his stuff.
On the other side of the mountains Rbros will fix you up as well.

I have rifles from both, and they are all hammers

I will have to call JD and see if he has time to do some work for me. Is there any other competent smiths in the region you can recommend?

I know a dude whos a barrel smith in Portland, use to make machine guns during Vietnam now he makes barrels and installs them for 400, they are very accurate and I would definitely get another barrel from him.

Yeah those are the two I would recommend.

I use benchmark barrels on all my rifles, They do gunsmithing work as well. And a great job BTW.

Another big PLUS 1 for JD at High Speed Shooting Systems, I'm actually searching the threads right now to see if I can get a question answered before I call and bother him with it.
I always feel like crap pulling him away from the bench when I call.
If you need a (really crappy) pic of one of the really sweet rifles he built for me I have a couple posted on the "16-18 Shorty Rifle" thread on the "bolt action rifles" forum. I posted them last night so will be probably the last photos. Keep in mind they're crappy cell phone pics of a beautiful rifle that I couldn't help spraying with KRYLON. Not JDs fault that I made his nice little rifle ugly, but the mechanicals are NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!