• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Need a IWB Holster for Sig P229

Opiy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
I need some suggestions for a good IWB holster that I don't have to wait half a year to get. When I got the gun it came with a Glaco OWB but I am already very conscious of the gun and the OWB makes me paranoid. Don't want to scare the sheeple if I bend over and the bottom of the holster is showing.

What do you have? Where did you get it?

I want to get a holster ASAP.

Larry

Re: Need a IWB Holster for Sig P229

The P229 is a very thick weapon, and one that isn't perfectly suited for concealed carry. The sights also sit higher relative to the barrel than similarly sized pistols (G23 for example), so that's not working in your favor either.

If you insist on immediate gratification, I believe you'll be let down with an off-the-shelf IWB rig. Waiting 6 months isn't a horrible idea if you're looking to carry this long term.

If you were looking for such a rig for a P239, I think you'd find a suitable holster. Since the P229 is so damn thick, I'd suggest sucking it up and looking at a slimline holster from Milt Sparks or Mitch Rosen. The wait exists for a reason, it's worth it.

Also - it's spelled Galco.

The Milt Sparks wait times are down to a reasonable level now. Go with the 1H. If you can't wait, get a Summer Special in stock at Brownells until the 1H arrives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also - it's spelled Galco.
</div></div>

Oops, yea typo there
smile.gif

It is kind of a thick gun. That wait is what has put me off in the past for ordering a Milt Sparks.

Check out CrossBreed Holsters, specifically the "Super Tuck":

http://crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

They are super comfortable, and priced very reasonable. The site usually says 2-3week wait time, but the last batch of stuff I ordered took about 5 days, and that was only 2 weeks ago. They're not a fancy holster, but a more utilitarian combination of leather against the body, and very slim kydex to keep the overall thickness of the weapon to a minimum.

Another good aspect of the holster is the Kydex belt clips are spaced very wide. This provides much needed stabilization, especially for a wide, heavy weapon like the P229.

You wouldn't be disappointed with a Super Tuck. Plus with a 2 week "try it free" you really can't go wrong.

Just my $.02