• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Need a lil Scope advice

scott1119

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2007
London, ky
Im about to buy a scope for my new rifle Remington 5R 308, I have 500 dollars to spend, I know thats not much but it will get me started. So far from what Ive found I have a few Choices
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50
Bushy Elite 4200 6-24
and a few others. Its going to be used for mostly target shooting from 100 to 600 yards and I want to stay with at least 20 power, can you all please give me any advice, and whom in the hide community would you recommend to buy from, thanks

Scott

Re: Need a lil Scope advice

Vortex Viper PST SFP or maybe a Super Sniper.

Maybe you could find a used SS here in the EE. You got rings and a base already?

Im thinking Burris XTR rings and a EGW base, Ive had good luck with that setup before

If your looking to run a mildot I'd get the viper over the bushnell. The bushnells reticle is really thick IMO. You will have a nice setup when you're done.

Viper XTR rings EGW base +1

Good budget setup for sure.

I will be doing the same soon for one of my scopeless sticks

Scott, Go with the Viper! It's a great scope from a great company!! It won't be disappointed!!

Falcon Menace 5.5-25X50 FFP with mil/mil from Opticswarehouse for about $435. I ordered the 4-14X44 FFP and just got it today. It took eleven days to be shipped from the UK. Still waiting on Larue mount. Just another option.