• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing need a little help(scope base holes on action)

jamesZ71

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2009
Sarasota,FL
I have a savage 10 flat back that I need to have a base custum drilled,because the hole are not drill straight in the action.So this would be a slight problem shooting out to a distance

So anyone here know how to fix this and what it might cost

Thanks. James

Re: need a little help(scope base holes on action)

I'm thinking your most cost efficient option is to plug/weld the bad screw hole and redrill and tap properly.

That may be but I'm not willing to do it myself.So I will ask is there a gun smith here that might be able willing to takes on a job like this

I agree with Beef, I would have it fixed right by someone. Life is to short to shoot screwed up stuff. I'm sure with all the talent on the Hide here a smith can fix ya up.

Kc

How far out is it? Perhaps simply tapping it up to #8 would do it. It would have to be done in a mill, but not too big of a deal.

It out pretty bad.have to use windage rings

Any gunsmith worth two shits should be able to fix you up correctly for not too much money. It's an easy job for someone with the right equipment. Try to find a local smith to do the work if there are any decent ones or ship it to any of the gunsmiths here on the Hide.

I just talked to Jeff over at cdi precision and going to meet up with him next week to see about fixing the problem

Thanks guys

James, keep us posted on what you do. I have a 110 with the same problem. Thanks

Droped the rifle off to Jeff today will let you all know the outcome when its all finished