• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a little help with .30 Barnes TSXs

Tangodown911

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2008
West metro Atlanta, GA
I'm looking for some pointers on getting these .30 Barnes rounds going. I have two different weights in two different platforms. I am looking to get the most on velocity with only sacrificing very little accuracy and I'm not quite sure on the powders that will get me there considering my short barrels. I have a decent variety of powder on hand so please throw some ideas out there or what works for you and your setup with the TTSXs and TSX bullets. any help is greatly appreciated. The pills are about $.70 each...you see my hesitation in all out load development using multiple powders.

1. 165 TSX in a 16" chrome lined LMT MWS platform. Rounds obviously need to be at mag length...2.820" max.

2. 150 TTSX in a Rem. 5R 20" barrel. Running AICS mags here and 2.875" or so seems to feed fine. So that's max COAL.

Brass, powder, primers??? What to do?