• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a little help with a Colt upper receiver

mattr25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2012
sc
I’ve got what I believe is a post ban Colt Match Target HBAR .223 with a fixed carry handle. I’m wanting to get a flat top upper so I can have better options for optics. There is so many options out there that I get a little lost trying to figure out what I want to do. My front pin has a flat head screw on one side. Can I get any upper and just get the pin adapter?

Reactions: Docsherm
I’ve got what I believe is a post ban Colt Match Target HBAR .223 with a fixed carry handle. I’m wanting to get a flat top upper so I can have better options for optics. There is so many options out there that I get a little lost trying to figure out what I want to do. My front pin has a flat head screw on one side. Can I get any upper and just get the pin adapter?
You can get different uppers for those. Just be sure they will work well.

I've got a pre-ban one of those, and I'm not about to touch a screwdriver to it. If I want a flat top, I'll buy a whole new gun rather than devalue that one. That's a 20" barrel gun and not really suitable for CQB. If that gun is what you say it is, it will shoot 62 grain rounds to 700 yards with the sights it has.

I would also buy another rifle but if he really wants a flat top I'll trade whatever he wants for his stripped upper. They aren't particularly valuable but they are getting harder to find.

Reactions: mattr25
You can get different uppers for those. Just be sure they will work well.

I've got a pre-ban one of those, and I'm not about to touch a screwdriver to it. If I want a flat top, I'll buy a whole new gun rather than devalue that one. That's a 20" barrel gun and not really suitable for CQB. If that gun is what you say it is, it will shoot 62 grain rounds to 700 yards with the sights it has.
I understand what you are saying. I am looking to put a scope on it to try shooting some long distance with it. I’ve shot out to 600 with the factory iron sights but wanted to see what it would do with a scope. I have all the factory parts as it is. I already have a short barrel for CQB that I shoot 2 gun with so that’s not my intention. Thanks for the reply.

The older colts where well built and A2 are not that common anymore. Keep it together. Also you can buy a complete WOA that will out preform that colt..

Reactions: Jsp556
The older colts where well built and A2 are not that common anymore. Keep it together. Also you can buy a complete WOA that will out preform that colt..

What’s a WOA?