• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need a little input

silentnswift

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2012
Kentucky
I am itching to build myself a 1000m rifle. Ive been dead set on a Remy7000 xcr long range tactical I found a older savage 110 . After buying the rifle, New shillien barrel and a bell & Carlson stock I'd still be less the Remington. Ive never been a savage guy, and know little of the quality or anything else except I can swap the barrels myself without needing a smith What would you guys think

I am itching to build myself a 1000m rifle. Ive been dead set on a Remy7000 xcr long range tactical I found a older savage 110 . After buying the rifle, New shillien barrel and a bell & Carlson stock I'd still be less the Remington. Ive never been a savage guy, and know little of the quality or anything else except I can swap the barrels myself without needing a smith What would you guys think
Sounds like you're on your way! Savages CAN be as good as Remys in accuracy. You won't know until you get out and shoot! Good Luck!

If Inwas just staring out, I would recommend your looking at the new AI AT folder in 243, 260 or 308, which ever you prefer. A new barrel (caliber) will run about $800. Very flexible unit, if you can swing the cash.

I concur with sib1948.

Otherwise the barrel and cut of the chamber will (most likely) be more detrimental to the accuracy of your Savage 110 than the action itself.
Don't forget a quality trigger.
Depending on....(budget)...you may want to consider resale value in the future...the new AI's should keep their value pretty good.