• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a muzzle thread reducer on a Volquartsen

SDBguy95

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2019
20211026_153104.jpg

My boss bought a barrel from a guy without checking the muzzle thread. It came with the compensator, and when he removed it he found this. I'm not sure what thread this is, but I'm wondering how to go from this to 1/2×28 or 5/8x24. Seems like there would be a reducer out there for this. Where should I look? Thanks Hide!

Dunno what TP is in your photo but If TROS doesn't have what you need in stock he can make one. Been in business for years. Tip top.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDBguy95
There is likely lots of adapters out there but you will need to settle with their configuration. If it took me over about 15 minutes
to find one I would sketch one up and have my local machine shop make it to to the design that fit my needs.
Since the end of your CF bbl. is raw aluminum, yours could be left raw as well. It looks like a quick spin with some scotch brite
would duplicate the barrels existing finish. There is a guy on eBay that would make them as well. I paid 35.00 for the brakes. My guess is that
an email with my sketch and some notes from you would be all he needs. IE: Aluminum, 1" OD, 5/8-24 X your length of full threads.
And 1/2-20 X .44" long. And caliber your shooting. All he needs is the basic shape and some dims. I would remind him your putting a six inch long can on it so he is sure to keep things in-line.
In my sketch the adapter is one inch to match the diameter of my Can. I'm guessing that your bbl is about .960" OD. so a small chamfer
would blend it all nicely. The shorter brake in the photo is .96" and the longer was tapered down to fit my 1416 Annie's. I could have left
the step between the bbl and the brake but I like contour lines to flow smoothly like a pretty woman.

This is just an option incase you don't like the ones you find.

Attachments

• 20211026_160204.jpg
    20211026_160204.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20211026_160210.jpg
    20211026_160210.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: SDBguy95
Hey SDBguy95,

After an exhaustive 15 second search on the net, I stumbled on these guy's. It's virtually what I sketched for $22.00
It seems OK other than me hating the wrench flats. Since you need something like a .25" through hole anyway, I would
have skipped the flats and made the clearance hole a hex shape for a hex wrench. It's a quick and simple broach process.
That's what Vudoo would have done !! LOL If I don't miss my guess, they put six flats on it to balance out it's appearance
because two would look fug-ly. Hmm..... six flats or one broach? Wonder which is cheaper.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 18
  • VUDOO V22.JPG
    VUDOO V22.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 29