• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a new brake

Re: Need a new brake

Check out the JEC Brake....@ wiebad.com. very effective.

I have the JP brake on my rem 700 AAC sps tactical .308. I love it, works very well and didn't make it as loud as I thought it was going to. Nobody shooting around me has complained yet.

rws is what i got it's almost like the little bastard but cheaper!!

i run the apa little jimmy.... its similar to the little bastard ...both can be turned to match the diameter of your barrel.. very clean look... very effective... just make sure people around you have ear pro in

Does a brake have to be installed by a smith if your barrel is already threaded? Im looking for one for my aac-sd

if you have a lathe or dont mind using machine washers then no smith needed. i went with a PWS PRC on my 308 aac. comes with washers and a recess machined into the brake so it sits flush with your bbl. does wonders for recoil and looks cool as hell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you have a lathe or dont mind using machine washers then no smith needed. i went with a PWS PRC on my 308 aac. comes with washers and a recess machined into the brake so it sits flush with your bbl. does wonders for recoil and looks cool as hell. </div></div>

Who carries the pws? Would like to check it out.

Check out muzzlebrakesandmore.com

$45 gets you a quality brake, and for a few dollars more, he'll contour it too. He'll make it without the top ports if you prefer.

I really like the APA LB, and $75 was a bit spendy, but reasonable. $100 was too much, and the current $125 pricetag is crazy. I like to buy from hide vendors, and think APA is a great outfit, but that price is just too much.

The $45 Schuler brake is every bit as good. Buy with confidence.

Man tough call. Lots of votes for the L.B. I do like the JEC brake since it is mfg. down a ways from where I live id like to support the locals.

I really wanted to grab a JP brake, but they dont make a brake that has an OD large enough for my muzzle. If your BBL is not too large (mine is 1.007") then go for the JP

Almost went little bastard for a 260 build, but the little Jimmy just looks so badass, so i went with it instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. APA should increase their prices.</div></div>

right...

I didn't see this in the running but, thought I'd throw another break for your consideration.

I'd look into Surefire.

Their breaks w/out the suppressor are just as good as others'. Not only that but, the ability to just throw on a suppressor is pretty badass.

I realize they're a bit more expensive but, serving a dual purpose is not something that should be overlooked.

Another vote for the Little Bastard - got them on two builds and the Fat Bastard on my 338LM.

Does kick up a lot of dust and piss off the neighbors though...

Anyone have time to post some pics of their setup? I'm sure I could look them up but till I see them installed would I full see their size. (Wish I could have seen mine before buying it "J.Miculek"). I know its about function but I'm sure most all that are listed are functional so it'd be great to see them installed. Thanks!

052.jpg

Elite Iron.

I ended up ordering a RWS from Ross. Price and reviews was what did it for me. If the APAs were better priced I would have bought one. Just could not justify the 150 price.