• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a new rf

ubet

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Commifornia no longer
Had an old 1600arc blrf from bushnell I got right after they came out. The battery compartment is in the dumbest place possible and has broke twice. So now, I am ditching them and want something else. Want to stay under $1200, was looking at the vortex fury lrf binos or the leica 2700b. Warranty wise (I'm pretty hard on things) and quality wise which would you recommend? Or is their a better option out there?

I'm never owning another thing made by bushnell again. So anything from them is out.

It's nowhere near 1200 but I have had very good luck with my sig 2200. Save the $800 and put it into something else. I have had zero issues ranging steel out to 1800.

Unless you specifically want binos, the 2700b hands down. Theres already a few good reviews on here about it. I've had one for a few weeks and its pretty awesome.

Unless you specifically want binos, the 2700b hands down. Theres already a few good reviews on here about it. I've had one for a few weeks and its pretty awesome.
I have my old bushy to use as binos. I'm torn though, you get alot better field of view with the binos than a scope and better than the 2700 i'm guessing. But what ranges better, more consistent?

I would never own a LRF without bino function again. easier to find targets and use as a spotter etc.

Check out the Nikon Laser binos. I just got a set and they have legit glass for the $1k price range. NOt as nice as my steiners but those are over 2x as $$.

DT

Reactions: linsmea
My "personal opinion" at the moment based on what I am currently playing with for testing in my "not so scientific" Lab... :rolleyes:
I have a Terrapin (old version not X) Leica 2700, 2000 and 1600 and have access to the Sig 2200 and 2000. (working on getting a Sig 2400) I'll prolly catch some flak for this but oh well.. As far as pure LRF, I dont think youre gonna beat the 2700 until you get to the "Terrapin and above class"
I have no personal knowledge on the Vortex stuff, but theres a reason that you dont see threads on "Leica or Sig vs Vortex" I dont think theyre in the same class. The new Nikon stuff coming out has promising "stats" but yet to be proven. The Leica LRF binos get great reviews but they cost a bloody fortune. As far as my "testing" goes, Im working on 1 and 2 moa steel off of tripods from 1000yds to one mile. That seems to be the "Distance" that gets the most "scrutiny" when LRFs get questioned. We shall see, the Leica 2700 is NOT a Terrapin, but its damn good. I'm liking what Im seeing so far.

I guess it part of it comes down to what you wanna do/carry. I personally dont carry binos anymore. When Hunting I use the Leica 2000 (and now the 2700) cuz it fits in my pocket. I dont need the binos, a 7x LRF and a 6-24 rifle scope are plenty of FOV and magnification.

Again, just my 2 pennies worth...

I've had the same experience with Bushnell 1600 FusionLRF binos. They have "repaired" them for a ridiculous fee.
Never again.
A friend loaned me his Nikon LRF binos this weekend. I'll report back after some long-range shooting tomorrow but my initial impression is very positive. They are much nicer for my hands and eyes than the Vortex.

Sig will have a Kilo 2400 available under $1k in July that will BT to a Kestrel AB model

I've played with a 2400, it's a legit LRF, if ELR is your thing then buy Vectronix, but aside from that I don't see you beating the 2400 without spending a lot more cash.

If you want binos, Leicas are excellent glass and will range to a Mile or better

For the price the Nikon LaserForce is an excellent optic. Both a quality rangefinder and binocular and priced fairly compared to it's competition. Please give a call to discuss if it is the right unit for you