• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a part for a Spanish mauser carbine

Metalhead0483

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2008
Brunswick, GA
Hey guys, like the title says I'm looking for a part. I came across a screaming deal on a Spanish cavalry carbine model 1895 and snapped it up. The weapon is in beautiful original condition except that it's missing the front sight protector/nose cap. It shoots fine without it, but looks terrible.

I've looked all over the place online and can't seem to find one. Anyone have any ideas where I should look? I'd really appreciate any help you can give me.

Re: Need a part for a Spanish mauser carbine

Did you check Numrich and Springfield Sporters? How about the forums at Gunboards? There's got to be somebody there who has one or could point you in the right direction.

Springfield Sporters doesn't list one, and Numerich shows them out of stock (and apparently have for quite a while)

I put in a request for info for the OP on a Spanish-language firearms forum based in Spain, as they might very well have a source in mind for the part. I'll let the OP know ASAP if I hear anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put in a request for info for the OP on a Spanish-language firearms forum based in Spain, as they might very well have a source in mind for the part. I'll let the OP know ASAP if I hear anything. </div></div>

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar
grin.gif

32 views over there, and no replies so far. Unfortunately, putting proper terms in in a search gets me just about nowhere, and in fact my request for info that I posted for you comes up as no. 4 on the Google search.

Did you try the Military Mauser forum at Gunboards, yet? Those guys would know, if anybody would.

Hey guys I haven't had any luck finding this part so I thought I'd resurrect this thread to see if anyone had any further advice for me.

I'm going to be thinning out some of my old guns (which I do every now and then) and this is one that would be on the chopping block, but I don't want to try and sell it without the nose cap. Kinda tacky if you know what I mean. Not to mention less valuable...