• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Need a set of 30mm rings

flati

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2019
Eastern Ohio
Looking for a good set of 30mm rings in the .90 height range. Originally wanted Seekins medium high but can't find them in stock anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

• Angry
Reactions: powdahound76
try other brands?

I recently heard the Vortex Pros are pretty solid.

Otherwise this reads like a WTB ad posted outside the PX, which isn't cool.

Reactions: 65x55guy
Seekins Precision are what I run. I typically run their "Low" models 0.82" with 50mm scopes on a 20MOA rail for bolt action rifles with bull barrels. Fits perfect.

These Vortex brand rings are built by Seekins for Vortex. Same exact quality. Same exact packaging, just says Vortex and doesn't say Seekins on it. Here you go!

After having ARC rings I would say they are the only way to go.

I've got 4 sets of Vortex Pro's with no issues.

A little more than I was wanting to spend though. The Seekins really appealed to me for around the $125 price point.

Otherwise this reads like a WTB ad posted outside the PX, which isn't cool.

It looks like this was suggested as early as Dec of 2019 to OP. He also had a lively conversation January 2020 which he asked for “great deals” on a daypack.

would be a great time to become a contributor to the site by purchasing PX access.

Reactions: powdahound76
Perhaps a more formal reminder is in order since the blatant call out of his attempt to skirt the rules didnt get him to change.

A little more than I was wanting to spend though. The Seekins really appealed to me for around the $125 price point.
Did you see the post I made about the Vortex rings, and the link? They're made by Seekins. They're literally the same rings, just a different logo on them. They're also only $120.

So back in 2019 I post something asking for a recommendation on a day pack for "a good deal" and all of a sudden I'm "skirting" the rules and need a "more formal reminder"? Lmao

And yes mudrunner, I did check out the vortex rings you suggested, thank you sir I may just end up with a set.

Reactions: FuhQ
So back in 2019 I post something asking for a recommendation on a day pack for "a good deal" and all of a sudden I'm "skirting" the rules and need a "more formal reminder"? Lmao

And yes mudrunner, I did check out the vortex rings you suggested, thank you sir I may just end up with a set.
I got banned for defending my own opinion about a month ago... Did anything happen to the people being douchebags? Nope... But the guy getting dog-piled on was the one who gets banned simply because he called price gouging as price gouging, and not "free market capitalism". 🙄

Listen guys, I’m not here to be the fun police. There are a ton of threads discussing the various reasons why certain rules exist. Frank has a very helpful site here and most of us contribute monetarily as both a way to use the PX and as saying thanks and encouraging it to be open and running. Those who pay to help fund the site also encourage others to help as well. Also, the paywall on PX discourages crooks and fraudsters, many of whom run amok in these side threads responding to “send me a good deal” requests. So whether you know it or not, the PX rules actually help to protect you from the “best” deals offered that end up lightening your wallet.

regarding the “free market capitalism” comment- yeah, there is gouging here. The issue is that once Pandora’s box is open regarding commentary on price then EVERY thread will become an editorial. I might put a scope up for sale at $80 more than it sold for last time, and some guy can show up and remind everyone of it even though it may not be relevant. That’s for the buyer to decide, not the random scanner of WTS posts.

anyway, carry on finding your rings. And backpack. And what not. Contribute if you feel led.

Listen guys, I’m not here to be the fun police. There are a ton of threads discussing the various reasons why certain rules exist. Frank has a very helpful site here and most of us contribute monetarily as both a way to use the PX and as saying thanks and encouraging it to be open and running. Those who pay to help fund the site also encourage others to help as well. Also, the paywall on PX discourages crooks and fraudsters, many of whom run amok in these side threads responding to “send me a good deal” requests. So whether you know it or not, the PX rules actually help to protect you from the “best” deals offered that end up lightening your wallet.

regarding the “free market capitalism” comment- yeah, there is gouging here. The issue is that once Pandora’s box is open regarding commentary on price then EVERY thread will become an editorial. I might put a scope up for sale at $80 more than it sold for last time, and some guy can show up and remind everyone of it even though it may not be relevant. That’s for the buyer to decide, not the random scanner of WTS posts.

anyway, carry on finding your rings. And backpack. And what not. Contribute if you feel led.
I completely understand that. But, I wasn't talking about anyone's price on here. It was a random thread someone else started in the armory section about a brick of primers being advertised for $300 on some other website. And a bunch of people were defending the people gouging prices like that, claiming it was "free market capitalism". And then started calling dissenters names, acting childish, and then accused people that refused to pay those prices as "poor", and lower rungs of the capitalist society. It was beyond sad. But nothing happened to those people...Just me for defending my own opinion against a mob of idiots.

Reactions: 65x55guy