• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need A Smith to Cut down a Remington 700 Barrel

Re: Need A Smith to Cut down a Remington 700 Barrel

Barreled action or loose barrel? What caliber? What thread size/pitch?

Is it a factory barrel?

Closest guy I can think of to you would be Roscoe or Mark Gordon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it a factory barrel?

Closest guy I can think of to you would be Roscoe or Mark Gordon. </div></div>

Haha, Mark Gordon, Short Action Customs? Although he would do fine work on it, Im not sure thats close, were probably about 11hrs away from the OP. Sounds like hes looking for a place to drop it off.

Might not be a bad idea though to ship it out to one of our sponsors here since it is known what kind of work they do. Trying to find a good place local can be a crapshoot. Wouldnt be that expensive without the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thestew03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking for a smith in the Raleigh NC area to cut down a Remington 700 Factory .308 26 inch barrel to 20 and possibly thread for a surefire break. Any recommendation would be great. 5/8-24 muzzle threads
http://www.surefire.com/MB762SSALRE-Muzzle-BrakeAdapter </div></div>

How about Dave Tooley, he is in NC.

Call Gunners Choice in Dunn and ask Dwight who to use.....they have a full service smith that they use. He deals with a lot of Class III so I expect threading/crowning would be on the menu.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it a factory barrel?

Closest guy I can think of to you would be Roscoe or Mark Gordon. </div></div>

Haha, Mark Gordon, Short Action Customs? Although he would do fine work on it, Im not sure thats close, were probably about 11hrs away from the OP. Sounds like hes looking for a place to drop it off.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Might not be a bad idea though to ship it out to one of our sponsors here since it is known what kind of work they do. Trying to find a good place local can be a crapshoot. Wouldnt be that expensive without the stock.</span> </div></div>

Pretty sure thats why I recommended Mark. He is a day away with shipping and does good work. I don't know of many smiths, if any in the OP's area.

I see you are in North Carolina....you might try looking up Dave Tooley and contacting him