• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need a source for colored kydex

gunnergirl81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2008
KCMO
Black is easy to find, but I need it in various colors and in small sheets (like 12"x12"). Suprisingly ebay has been less than helpful. All the crap on there is too thin, and the one we found that should have worked at 1/8" thickness arrived and in reality was 1/16". Useless for our needs. But it was a great match being right between Magpul FDE and KG FDE. Very dissapointing, and still waiting on the vendor to respond.

Anyway, anyone know of a decent source? We don't need it very often, but when we do I can't be fiddlefartin' around on eGay trying to find what I need.

Thanks boys!

Re: Need a source for colored kydex

Could you maybe double layer or laminate the material you received and use it. Thickest I could find was 0.093"

google knife kits. it should bring up several links all of which sell kydex and concealex.
arborpro

I read a how to on check rest awhile back and the guy used this company for the 3/16 Kydex he used to make his cheek rest.

http://harva.com/

Might be worth a call.