• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a tripod. was thinking two vets but open to others

lycokayaker

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2022
NJ
just like the title says I need a tripod don't own one at all. Going to use it for PRS as well as some limited hunting. Whats everyone's opinion was thinking two vets but haven't gotten much if any feedback on them.. Whats your preference etc... May use it for glassing as well.

Last edited:
just like the title says I need a tripod don't own one at all. Going to use it for PRS as well as some limited hunting. Whats everyone's opinion on the two of them. Whats your preference etc... May use it for glassing as well.
If you are going to use an RRS Anvil-30 head, then neither. Look to the Recon or NoName as both will accept an Anvil-30 Conversion Bowl which they sell separately. I have the conversion bowl with Anvil and the interface is perfect and I have the original bowl if I ever want to put a single screw type ball head/other photo thingy on it.

Other than that...I have no input for you between the two you listed.

Best of luck. Cheers

The 2 vets stuff is not terrible buts its overpriced for Chicom imports.

Th QDT is not inverted like the RRS 22I, so its a pain in the ass to use and deploy on clock.

Just get the 22I and be done with it.

just like the title says I need a tripod don't own one at all. Going to use it for PRS as well as some limited hunting. Whats everyone's opinion was thinking two vets but haven't gotten much if any feedback on them.. Whats your preference etc... May use it for glassing as well.
I use the 34l, it’s compact enough for hunting and good enough for PRS, great for spotting. I’m 6’3 or 4 depending on the gas station so I needed something a little taller.

I’m not hyper focused on deploying on the clock, I like knowing I can pack it around. But it’s heavy comparatively to some of the lighter ruck focused 2-vets.

If you’re looking at long hunts, probably aim for the lighter solution, if you need some of both the RRS 3 series, if it’s basically a box range and competition than probably that 22 is best.

I do agree if you’re going with 2-vets get whichever tripod and use the anvil 30, it’s the best head by a long shot imo of course.

Reactions: lycokayaker